[D&D5e] Elder Scrolls D&D: Trouble in Tamriel

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 5, 2019 1:16 pm
"The year is 4E203 (two years after the events of Skyrim) and the Empire, now fractured by the rise of the Third Aldmeri Dominion, is in turmoil. The Great War may be over, but tensions are as high as ever. Even if the citizens of Tamriel cannot see it, their leaders and meddlers from Oblivion and Aetherius smell trouble brewing in the shadows..."

This will be a game for of 5e D&D set in Tamriel, the setting of the Elder Scrolls series of games, with a simplistic set of rules to bring the game into this setting. Knowledge of the setting or games is not required, so feel free to apply if you're just looking for a game of 5e with something a bit different! Newbies to fifth edition D&D are cool as well, but I personally would recommend you play in a game with the standard rules before jumping into something with homebrewed rules.

Character creation will be much the same as standard 5e, with a set of new races that will replace those found in the WotC manuals. Ability Score generation will be by point-buy or standard array. All classes and archetypes in published 5e material are fine. Material from Unearthed Arcana will also be all good in the majority, but always subject to approval. The only UA I can think of off the top of my head that I won't accept is the Mystic class, as psionics don't have a place in the setting. Apart from that, anything else should be fair game. Characters will be starting from 1st Level.

If anyone wants to see the new character generation materials before applying, feel free to just drop me a PM and I can provide them for you!

There will be a relatively stringent requirement for at least one post a day, as I'd like to have this game run as quickly as possible.
Last edited May 5, 2019 1:21 pm
May 5, 2019 7:33 pm
This sounds amazing and I would be absolutely interested in playing.
May 5, 2019 8:32 pm
Yes please. I am active and know the system. Not the setting.
May 5, 2019 10:08 pm
I might be interested after I see the details.
May 6, 2019 12:05 am
I'm really sorry to anyone now reading this, but recruitment is now closed. This got so much interest that I've now filled up two games in just one night, and my hands are going to be too full to run a third. However, if anyone wants access to the homebrews I made for this to DM their own Elder Scrolls campaign, feel free to drop me a PM!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.