Macchiato Monsters interest check

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 8, 2019 5:03 am
https://i.imgur.com/o7XL0qG.png

Just advertising a gonzo Macchiato Monsters game I wanted to run on the side. Just going to post the description here to see if it piques anyones interest.

No one knows what what the world was like before Rent tore through the earth.... Not that anyone would care to ask these days, I just thought I'd mention it.

What people *do* know, is the legacy of this great disaster. It is their cradle, their home and their tomb. It is known as The Vale. A scar that wraps around the world like a shriveled ring. It stretches for miles upon miles, with seemingly no end. While some have reported there is indeed an edge to the Vale, most people don't return nor care to speak of if they do return. The Vale itself is a hot pot of life, the twisting energies and unique ecosystem has given rise to a world unlike our own.

Muckfarmers, scrounge in the filth, keeping their cities afloat atop the stinking mires and dreaming of a better life. Heat Merchants ride atop their ape like mounts, travelling from one end of the Vale to the other in howdahs of dazzling orange. Ulogs pick scrap from the craters, making machinery and weaponry unheard of, and selling it to the highest bidder. The Silisco Baronies wage endless petty wars and struggles, a shadow of chivalry flickering in the rolling hills. Wizards, watch over their dominions with paranoia stricken vigor, sending out their legions to crush any they believe would interrupt their foul work. In the deserts, portals open to a realm of choking smoke and the fumes of diesel; the roar of engines and cackling of mad men sound from beyond. All this and more can be found within the Vale. It is a wild place, full of raw untamed potential.

You find yourself in Qrom, a town settled on one of the outcroppings of the legendary Vale. A relative safe haven from the horrors down below, and you have lived quite comfortably, seeing no reason to go any where else.

But... On the lip of that great cliff, lies a staircase. Rickety and scarred by the years. By no means should this thing be standing but stand it does, some say it was here when the Vale was first formed. It calls to you, it invites you to walk down it's steps, to see the wonders and terrors that it holds below. It itches at the back of your mind, and you can stand it no longer. Grabbing what few possessions you have, you take your first tentative steps into the great beyond and Through the Vale...

Through the Vale is a collaborative gonzo post apocalyptic fantasy hex crawl using the Machiatto Monsters system. Players will not only explore a bizarre world but help it take shape as it goes through play. Discover ancients ruins, strange peoples, forbidden technology, horrid mutants and grim magics. Will you carve out your own part of this untamed wilderness? Or will you be lost like all the others?

This game will also feature hastily drawn scribbles created by myself, one to add a subtle flavor to the proceedings and two, it helps me brainstorm and visualize better. Those who cannot abide terrible art beware.

Game pdf found here for your viewing pleasure!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Vmi_BWIeGXAaMbfYIR1ARYIrdCUG3rD/view?usp=sharing
Last edited May 8, 2019 5:54 am
May 8, 2019 5:19 am
Sounds interesting.
May 8, 2019 5:52 am
Oh hey! Fools, didn't expect to see you here!
May 8, 2019 2:21 pm
I don't have "room" to add a game to my life right now, but I wish to comment this sounds super-cool.
May 8, 2019 3:30 pm
This does sound interesting. I'll start working on an idea.
May 8, 2019 4:40 pm
I also find this pretty cool. And also, your drawings give a sort of interesting aesthetic, so that's also nice. I'm interested to join, though I'm probably getting greedy by getting into one more game.
May 8, 2019 7:12 pm
Well I would be more than happy to have aboard for this one as well! But don't push yourself if you don't want to.
May 8, 2019 7:13 pm
Airickson says:
I don't have "room" to add a game to my life right now, but I wish to comment this sounds super-cool.
Well thank ya kindly!
May 8, 2019 7:31 pm
I don't have any real interest in the game system, so I am not in. However, I like the drawing style and what it could bring to a game. If you ever run a game on a system I am more familiar with, pencil me in.

Good luck in this game.
May 8, 2019 9:13 pm
No worries mate and thank you for the consideration.

For everyone else, the game lobby is up so apply at your leisure!
[ +- ]
Last edited May 8, 2019 9:14 pm
May 9, 2019 2:23 pm
I'd invite everyone who expressed interest. Just makes things faster
May 11, 2019 8:06 am
Small update I added two more player slots for those who want to join!
May 11, 2019 9:59 am
I have absolutely no experience with Macchiato Monsters but, reading through the rules, it sounds like a lot of fun! I'd love to join in, if you'll have me (and if you still have room of course).
May 11, 2019 9:20 pm
Don't you worry about all that, glad to have you with us!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.