[Cypher] Will soon be looking for spacefarers

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 13, 2019 12:03 am
Hi everyone,

Soon enough, I'll be setting up a game running the Cypher system. It'll be set in space, but the big thing is that instead of just keeping things to one universe, why not use multiple?

Essentially, the game will be more comically geared, so players are certainly encouraged to do so. The idea of the player party is they they will be, oh to to put it... Kinda like Lone Star and Barf in Spaceballs. Like, kinda bounty hunters, kinda mercenaries, kinda whatever. I'll let the players decide their fates through their actions.

Additionally, the game itself will run in "episodes," so if players wish to join/step out between episodes, they are free to do so.

If there's anything specific that players would like to see in game, just let it be known.

But aside from that, I know that a few people are already interested. When I get the forum set up(probably some time today or shortly after this post), I'll send invites out to them. And then from there, we'll settle the itty bitty bits.

But, as a word of warning, so far, only story stuff has been gotten to lightly. Weapons, ships, races, all that, those still need to be made. But again, will likely be discussed in the forum.
May 13, 2019 12:19 am
Sounds like it could be fun.
May 13, 2019 8:41 am
The game is open for people to apply to. Librarian, i already sent you an invite. I'll send out more soonish, if need be. But, if anyone needs the core Cypher stuff, just let me know if i can help. A lot of that stuff will come from there.

And remember, this game is going to be loose with many things, and if you want to make references galore, go for it! I already plan for Earth to be united like in Futurama so anyone from there is just called an Earthican. Mayhaps you all might run into the DOOP.
May 13, 2019 8:40 pm
I've only played Cypher system once, but I'm definitely interested in this campaign idea. It's been a long time since I've played a Sci-Fi game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.