Fate game set in a Modernized LOTR world

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 13, 2019 3:31 am
I've got a Fate game starting now: https://gamersplane.com/games/1747/

The setting is 2000 years after Lord of the Rings, effectively making the events of those books the equivalent of bible stories. The Age of Man is well underway, with all of Middle earth having modern and in some cases exceeding modern technologies. The Elves have returned but have been driven into hiding, and magic is beginning to return to the world.

The theme will be kind of a supernatural cop drama. Applying characters will be expected to either be police, or have a reason for the police to seek them out, such as being an expert in a relevant field, a retired cop who can be persuaded to come out of retirement, etc

We have one player already. Feel free to apply even if the slots are full, the recruitment will close when I have 6 approved characters.
May 13, 2019 5:08 am
I might put something together tomorrow. I was thinking a dwarf. Former detective on the force. He retired a couple of years ago after his partner was killed.
He has been doing a little bodyguard work to pay the bills
May 13, 2019 10:33 am
Sounds interesting, but I don’t know anything about the fate system... :(
May 15, 2019 11:56 pm
Silver.hawk says:
Sounds interesting, but I don’t know anything about the fate system... :(
It's fairly easy to pick up, and I wouldn't mind taking questions in an ooc thread or pms, so don't let that hold you back
May 16, 2019 7:06 am
I’ll keep thIs thread in mind and maybe if a slot opens in the future I can give it a try. I’m just starting a 2nd game and don’t want to get overwhelmed. It does sound interesting tho. I hope that it goes well!
May 17, 2019 10:23 pm
I applied today. I have the basics of the character, but no skills picked yet

You do not have permission to post in this thread.