Make GM - How does it work?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 24, 2019 3:16 pm
What happens to the GM, you click the "Make GM" option on the Game Screen? Do you have 2 GMs then, or does all control transfer to the one player receiving it?

After making someone else GM can you take it back as the game owner/creator?

I see this option whenever I'm looking at the game screen, afraid to actually hit it!
Last edited May 24, 2019 3:17 pm
May 24, 2019 3:26 pm
It promotes the second person to have most GM rights. The original GM is not demoted. There are some behind the scenes issues with the second GM not really being able to accept new players into the game, but Keleth is aware of that problem and can intervene when asked.
May 24, 2019 4:23 pm
It woulb be nice to have the option of exactly how much power you transfer and retain yourself...
May 24, 2019 5:58 pm
So it's mostly administrative stuff, thread control and the ability to see other people's characters, stuff like that?
May 24, 2019 6:03 pm
And see secret notes. I’m in a game with two GM and, as a player, I can’t tell the difference 👍
May 24, 2019 11:40 pm
Functionally, the extra GM has all the same rights as a primary, EXCEPT the ability to make other GMs (which now that I say it, is probably where the issues with accepting other players is coming in; the two pieces of code are linked), and final control over the game (eg, close, etc).

You do not have permission to post in this thread.