Kickstarter: Enter the Shadowside Destiny

Nov 4, 2014 1:03 pm
Last year out of impulse I picked up Enter the Shadowside for $4.99. It is a roleplaying game set in the modern day about entering the realm of the dead and gaining supernatural powers by becoming symbiotically possessed by a spirit. The game was pdf only but only cost $5 and had a sweet premise. I wasn't too fond of the mechanics of the game and never really got a chance to play, but it was a great read and had a lot of potential. One of the best selling points was that by buying the game you also bought the future editions, all for only 5 bucks. I assumed that either a new edition wouldn't come out or would be rebranded, or would never fulfill that promise. I believed that until I got the following email:

This email is going out to everyone who purchased the first version of Enter The Shadowside.

If you remember, I made a promise in the last part of the book, and I'm here to keep it: if you purchased the first version of Enter The Shadowside please send me an email to *****, and when the new version, Enter The Shadowside DESTINY comes out, I will send you a complimentary PDF copy.

When will that be? At the end of our kickstarter!

The new version is radically different. Not only is it 292 pages -it's also a complete re-engineering of the mechanics system. Where before we had fourteen (count'em!) stats, and needed basically a giant chart and a ruler (Jacob's Ladder) for dice-based combat resolution, now all math has been eliminated, entirely, and replaced with natural language. We also use cards instead of dice: cards represent your future successes and failures -you cannot choose to simply succeed forever, but you *can* choose when to fail; hence the name DESTINY. The result is a game that is much more focused on the story, on the narrative. And no, you don't *have* to buy custom cards -any old poker deck you may have lying around will do just fine.

I don't want to take much more of your time -just thank you for supporting me a couple of years ago, and if you choose to support me again now in this new adventure, then truly thank you all the more.

Please pass the word!

Marco Leon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enter the Shadowside is a sweet game concept, has fantastic art, and a great setting. The new card system seems interesting, unique, and a major improvement over the old mechanics. Please consider throwing a few dollars toward this project. The gentleman who created this game seems like a great guy and stayed true to a promise no one else would have made. If any game developer is worthy of success this is the guy.
Last edited November 4, 2014 1:04 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.