The Expanse, new system looking for players

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 30, 2019 1:49 pm
The invention of the Epstein drive opened up the reaches of the outer solar system for colonization and spread of humanity, but the spread of humanity contributed to its instability and divergence. Mars and Earth are on the verge of what could be the deadliest war of human history. The belters struggle for every day survival, lashing out with terrorist attacks, protests and open revolt against the oppression of the inner planets, meanwhile inter-planetary corporations, with an eye only for the bottom line, sell dangerous alien technology to the highest bidder. You are a blue collar worker in a dead-end job on a mining ship trying to make it from paycheck to paycheck. This is the world of The Expanse.

About the game: This game will be more narrative based, and use the newly released system for the Expanse RPG, as well as a number of house rules adapted from the FATE core system. The game will start "when we're ready", and continue at the pace dictated by our posting frequency, which will surely sometimes be faster, and sometimes slower.
I plan to use James SA Corey's The Expanse as the setting with inspiration, and maybe some downright copying, from other hard sci-fi authors such as Kim Stanley Robinson, Andy Weir, Cixin Liu, and David Brin, but I expect players to contribute to the game world as well, and I usually give players a good amount of narrative freedom, as long as it doesn't directly go against the setting.

About me: I have been playing tabletop RPGS off and on (mostly off) for over 25 years, and I have plenty of GM experience in live or online voice sessions, however I have never participated in a PBP game, so this will be a learning experience for me. My work and family schedules no longer allow me to participate in scheduled sessions that last hours, but will allow me to post pretty much every day, probably multiple times per day.
Jun 2, 2019 3:31 am
I had a prior thread talking about this new game and there are several people who expressed interest over there. I'm not able to take on another game, at the moment, but hopefully they'll see this thread!

I'm excited about that game. I'm excited to get a chance to play it myself, later.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.