Introduction

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 3, 2019 5:03 am
Hello all, I'm happy to have found this site! I had never heard of it till I saw it mentioned on Reddit one day, but from first glance it seems very interesting. I've been playing RPGs for many years, D&D in the beginning, and have tried several Fate games and PbtA game. I've played and ran several PbP, but most of them were informally organized through a Google Docs format. The tools here seem cool and I can't wait to try them out.
Jun 3, 2019 6:42 am
Welcome to the community, Knight!

Don't forget to check out the New GP Member Guide.

We'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything!

Happy gaming!
Last edited August 13, 2019 5:49 pm
Jun 3, 2019 7:48 am
Welcome!
Jun 3, 2019 8:11 am
Welcome
Jun 3, 2019 12:40 pm
Welcome knight. Curious as to how a Google Doc was used for PBP. Was it just group editing the shared doc as a proxy to a forum?
Jun 3, 2019 12:54 pm
Welcome aboard!
Jun 3, 2019 1:23 pm
Welcome!
Jun 3, 2019 1:28 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jun 3, 2019 1:37 pm
Welcome!
Jun 3, 2019 1:54 pm
Welcome!
Jun 3, 2019 5:18 pm
Welcome!
Jun 3, 2019 5:22 pm
Qralloq says:
Welcome knight. Curious as to how a Google Doc was used for PBP. Was it just group editing the shared doc as a proxy to a forum?
Yes, basically. Each scene was a separate doc that were then hyperlinked together, and each player had an assigned text color. You could paste in images for maps and portraits, and the GM could change fonts for NPCs that were really significant, so you could have multiple NPCs talking without getting too confusing. OOC comments and dice rolls were done as comments on the doc (which was pretty slick, as you could get detailed without interrupting the flow of the game text)
Last edited June 3, 2019 5:26 pm
Jun 3, 2019 5:27 pm
That does sound like it was organized well. Necessity is the mother of invention, and all that. As to dice rolling, trust can be an issue (unless you used a bot somewhere).

You do not have permission to post in this thread.