Numenera

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 6, 2019 8:02 pm
Hello there, I came to this site looking for a Numenera game to play in but since I don't seem to see one I was wondering if there was any interest in it? I'm new to GMing this would be my first game but it isn't spur of the moment been thinking about running a game for awhile, this is just the kick I needed. I would be doing from the core book the first adventure THE BEALE OF BOREGAL. If it goes well I may expand it if the group wants to go on but I may just restart the game as well with new players. So any interest?
Jun 6, 2019 8:19 pm
There are a few games of Numenera occurring here, but you can't really find them when they are full. It's a great system, and in my opinion ideally suited for play by post; I recommend that people try it.
Jun 7, 2019 5:00 am
The setting looks pretty cool. I may join in as a player for your game.
I'm considering to play as a Jack that's like an explorer/treasure hunter
Last edited June 7, 2019 5:21 am
Jun 7, 2019 6:18 am
Welcome to the community, Bakuiel!

As Qralloq mentioned, there are quite a few ongoing games. We'd love to have you join us on the GP Discord server. There is a #cypher_system channel where you will find fellow fans of the system. :-)

Hope to see you there!
Last edited June 7, 2019 2:37 pm
Jun 7, 2019 7:18 am
Welcome.
I have never heard of Numenera, how does it work (basically)?
Jun 7, 2019 7:32 am
This looks like an incredibly cool world to play in. I'm game.
Jun 7, 2019 10:58 am
cheers for the link Jabes.
I have seen the video game torment is the shops, now I am even more curious.
Jun 7, 2019 11:27 am
I ran The Devil's Spine for my friends when Numenera came out, but that's my only experience and we only got through the first section. If you have room, I'd like to join.
Jun 7, 2019 11:53 am
Okay I see there is some interest, so I'm going to set up the game in the next couple days and we can all work setting up the game. Jabes thanks for the link, as to discord I signed up awhile ago but so many people were on the channel it was hard to read it all. I will look at it and see about trying discord again.
Jun 7, 2019 7:16 pm
When I first played Numenera it was as a beta tester. I had to sign an nda with Monte to take part. The game today has changed quite a bit since that first game. The original one seemed to be very light in fighting and very heavy in exploration and discovery. It seems to have done a 180 since then. I'd be interested in seeing how you decide to run your game.
Jun 7, 2019 7:58 pm
I'd be interested too. I've been interested in Numenera for a while now because it seems like a world with a lot of possibilities, but never had the chance to play it. I also bought the video game, mostly because my favorite author, Patrick Rothfuss, did some of the writing for it. I'll keep an eye out for the game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.