I'm looking to learn how to play shadowrun.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 9, 2019 5:23 am
Hey everyone! I just made an account here with the hopes of learning how to play Shadowrun, I know the new edition is just around the corner but I'd be willing to bet there will be some overlap in the rules/skills needed to play the game. If anyone was willing to teach me, or even better run a game on here or over discord or anything else, I would be immensely appreciative! Anyway thanks for reading!
Jun 9, 2019 9:14 am
Is it the setting or the rules that interested you?
My IRL group has started a blades in the dark version of shadowrun up, as the SR 5e are not to out liking
Jun 9, 2019 1:23 pm
Hey BubbleGore, assuming you have already bought the core rulebook and read... well at least some of it, the best thing you can do is download "Chummer" (a free, community created character creation program) for 5th edition and go through character creation a couple dozen times... Seriously, granted I played earlier editions but I basically taught myself the game this way.
Jun 9, 2019 9:30 pm
That's awesome news. I'm really interested in the cyberpunk setting so really any system set there would be fun for me, I was interested in Shadowrun specifically because at least to my knowledge it is to cyberpunk what D&D is to fantasy. I'll definitely download chummer and dig in, but I'd still love to play in a game if the opportunity presents itself.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.