[5e] Looking for a player or two

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 12, 2019 1:10 am
Hi there, one and all!

LegionChimera here, and I'm looking for, as the thread title says, a player or two.

One of my current games seems to feel a bit slow and lacking, so I figured I'd snag a few more interested people to play.

So, a small recap, because not much has happened yet, is in order. The four members of the party were in the large town of New Haven for a festival that was put on hold due to the emergence of some mystery sickness that is affecting the families of the town's miners. On top of that, said miners have not returned home for some time. The mayor of New Haven went on stage to address the town and see who among the crowd would be willing to venture out to the mine and check on the well-being of the miners for a reward. They left shortly after discussing the mater with the mayor, however, the road was not without its bumps. Halfway to the mine, only a day or so out, the party was faced with a radical religious group that was hell bent on killing a young shifter who was trying to run from their blades. The group then also wanted to wipe out the party due to their xenophobic beliefs. Their assault was foiled, however, as they were quickly routed, save for a youth that was in training among them. The shifter left on to New Haven, while the youth continued with the party. The party arrived at the mines and are currently dealing with some zombies.

The current party comp is thus: dwarven fighter, human warlock, half-elf bard, and blood angel druid.

Now, here is how I'd like to pick my players, since it's a lesson that I've very well learned from this game. I want you to tell me why you should be chosen to play in my game. I'll say now that I'll be checking grammar and diction. I'll also be checking to see how you go about doing things, so that'll be interesting.

Any character creation info will largely be reserved for when you are in the game, but if you have any questions, please feel free to post them here, through a PM, or through discord.

May the odds ever be in your favor~
Jun 14, 2019 1:04 am
As I mentioned on Discord, I would be interested in joining your game.
I started playing AD&D back in 1984. I played for quite a few years with a couple of different groups. We played through Dragonlance when it came out as well as a lot of other home grown modules.
We also played Paranoia and Shadowrun.

Eventually our group broke up and I haven't had a chance to play in years.

I found this site a little while ago, and o have been joining games with different rules sets to get a feel for what's out there.

I am an active poster and I like to think that I am a decent RPer. 5e is still new to me, so sometimes I need a little help with character generation.

I would most likely play a cleric, but am open to pretty near any class if it helps the party out.
Last edited June 14, 2019 1:04 am
Jun 14, 2019 6:31 pm
OOC:
Quick Take Machiabelly in before it changes its mind... We have the chains prepared....
Says the Dwarven Fighter
Jun 14, 2019 6:34 pm
Thanks for the vote of confidence my bearded friend
Jun 14, 2019 6:42 pm
Im down to play! If needed
Jun 14, 2019 8:59 pm
I’d love to play. I’m a DM for a party IRL and came to gamersplane to be able to play as well. I usually play some form of good-aligned character. I’m available to post every day at least once, maybe more if time permits, but I have a family and a full-time job so that may be difficult.
Last edited June 14, 2019 8:59 pm
Jun 17, 2019 8:55 pm
So Machiabelly has ideas for a cleric, a good idea indeed. @CaveJohnson and @omegarisen , what ideas do you have for characters/classes?
Jun 17, 2019 9:00 pm
I was planning on playing a paladin or cleric
Jun 28, 2019 5:14 am
Well, two clerics would be a terrible thing to add in; we don't need three divine casters. I need to see additional classes you'd all would be interested in playing.
Jun 28, 2019 5:23 am
I’d be good playing any magic-heavy class. Sorcerer, warlock, wizard.
Jun 28, 2019 5:46 am
I have no problem with playing a fighter and letting omegarisen play a cleric. I am pretty casual
Jun 28, 2019 4:20 pm
Sorry legion i didn't see the post bump. I can play whatever. Literally whatever. I'm currently likeing the moon druid its pretty fun. but whatever is needed i can be.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.