Only posting 3/4 of a post

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 22, 2019 6:35 am
Twice now I have experienced that when I press post, only 3/4 of the text gets posted.

Its really annoying spending 5-10 minutes on crafting a reply and then it's just gone.

When I write on a PC I have started to, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, copy all the text just before I post... you know just in case (and a moment ago it saved my post), but its a bit more tricky on my phone
Jun 22, 2019 8:14 am
It happens to me when I have < on the post for example:

Let me try less than 4 like
Last edited June 22, 2019 8:15 am
Jun 22, 2019 8:15 am
(There was more text ;) )
Jun 22, 2019 1:04 pm
Right -- it probably has to do with the text characters in your post. But, maybe it's a bug? It's certainly not one I've encountered here in 12+ months.
Jun 22, 2019 1:14 pm
Something similar happened to me recently, but it involved missing a closing square bracket in a tag.
Jun 22, 2019 3:41 pm
I've never really seen this bug, but I do believe posts have an unseen character limits. I've had part of my text cut off on very large posts in the past, and I now limit myself on how much I write in a single post because of that, sometimes making 2 posts instead of one if I have a lot to type in...
Jun 22, 2019 4:15 pm
There shouldn't be a character limit. If there's an example of a post that lost content, can you link it? Or if someone who crafts in notepad notices this, send me a copy of the text via email? I can try to debug.
Jun 22, 2019 4:33 pm
Mine above is an example. Whatever came after "< 4" (no space to reproduce error) disappeared. Something about the < sign when it is not followed by a space :( probably other special characters have the same effect!
Copy without space to illustrate:
Mine above is an example. Whatever came after "
Last edited June 22, 2019 4:38 pm
Jun 22, 2019 10:09 pm
Ah, interesting, must be some sort of bug with how it strips HTML tags. I'll look into it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.