Looking for new players

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 24, 2019 8:17 pm
Hi, I had some players leave my Jedi Academy game and 'Shadows of the Republic'. Both use the Feng Shui 1st edition system which takes about five minutes to learn. This is a hack of Feng Shui so some things needed to be changed to fit the specific theme and PbP but all of that is on the forum. Both games are set far before the movies, with Jedi Academy being 3990 BBY (Revan from KOTOR is still a Jedi in this time period) and Shadows takes place 2750 BBY.

Jedi Academy is an, obviously, Jedi focused game. Players create both a Knight/Master -and- a Padawan. It's still early on in the game and it would be fine to add people in. The game is going to be focused on a group of Jedi attempting to establish an academy on Arkania, a somewhat inhospitable world with a troubled past.

Shadows of the Republic is meant to follow the exploits of a group of citizens trying to make their way in the galaxy. Themes will be a focus on average people dealing with the gridlock that is the Repulbic and trying to make as mercenaries or smugglers. Currently the game is set on a large starship under attack by a group of pirates seeking to capture it. The ship is pretty large and just about any type of person could be aboard.

This game was recently changed from FFG to Feng Shui 1st edition and it caused a bit of a slow down and a couple players to leave so I'm looking for some replacements.

Jedi Academy - https://gamersplane.com/games/1807/

Shadows of the Republic - https://gamersplane.com/games/1640/
Last edited June 24, 2019 8:19 pm
Jun 25, 2019 12:56 am
I have never played Feng Shui before, but I am willing to give it a whirl if you are still looking. Are there quick start rules for Feng Shui 1st edition?
Jun 25, 2019 2:50 am
I put up some stuff in the forums but it's actually straightforward enough that there's not a lot to abridge. There's a free supplement called Heirs of the Dragon that lists all the Archetypes (classes) available but most of them aren't really in theme for Jedi. I have made a list of the ones I feel are the easiest to convert into Jedi and, overall, the system handles it pretty well.
Last edited June 25, 2019 2:50 am
Jul 3, 2019 10:26 pm
I've only just discovered pnp and I'm brand new to the forums, but I'd love to start with an IP I'm familiar with, if you'll have me.
Although completely new to the format, I'm a person of commitment in real life, and so hope to find a group that is willing to let me learn as we go. I'm a quick study; speaking of which, I need to hunt around the forum a bit more to get a better sense of what's expected of members, where decorum and etiquette are concerned...
Nevertheless, I'd love to join your group, provided the group can tolerate a n00b.
Last edited July 3, 2019 10:27 pm
Jul 3, 2019 10:31 pm
Never done the Feng Shui rules before, but willing to learn to join in with the Shadows game

You do not have permission to post in this thread.