Hi Everyone from Upstate NY!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 30, 2019 2:25 pm
Hello everyone,

I am so glad to have stumbled onto this place!

I am pretty new to RPG's and especially online or PBP/PBF. I'm very late to the party, having drifted over from board games (also a recent hobby) to a single live RPG Pathfinder session. My first PBF was Cthulhu Confidential on BGG which was perfect since it was just a GM and moi.

Now I am in the midst of a Mouse Guard PBF over on BGG and a few here on Gamers Plane that are getting ready to start or just started. I will also be trying out PBT on Discord where I will be playing Trudvang.

It was my dabbling in solo RPG's that got me interested in group play. Believe it or not, solo play can be very rewarding and there are some great emulators out there. I live in a rural location so live groups are pretty non existent, but I am very happy with the pace and flexibility of online play.

My other online addiction is MTGA (Magic the Gathering Arena (beta)). Love the game and have been playing it since alpha.

Would love to see someone GM Trudvang here. I know it's somewhat obscure but it looks so interesting and the book is beautiful!

I am probably not the average demographic here being both a woman and an older one who retired early due to layoffs. :-)

I have to say people here are awesome and the site is my favorite for 'play by' RPG's. The site owner is doing a great job!
Jun 30, 2019 3:46 pm
Hello and welcome!

I know there is such a thing as upstate NY, but I don't know why, every time I see "NY", I cannot help but think of the city and I must actually make conscious efforts to remember upstate NY... I guess I'm just weird like that...
Jun 30, 2019 4:32 pm
kalajel says:
Hello and welcome!

I know there is such a thing as upstate NY, but I don't know why, every time I see "NY", I cannot help but think of the city and I must actually make conscious efforts to remember upstate NY... I guess I'm just weird like that...
You're not alone in that regard. Let's put it this way, I can't see my neighbors and my kids graduated in high school class sizes of 30 and 14.
Jun 30, 2019 4:33 pm
Welcome WindyRidge. I've actually played Trudvang, in real-time over Google Hangouts. Not sure about running it, though.
Jun 30, 2019 4:57 pm
Welcome, Windyridge! I have a similar thing with my State. Whenever I say "Rhode Island ",people think I mean "Long Island", lol.

I hope you enjoy your stay here. I just recently joined up and it has been fantastic. I was surprised at how active the games are compared to other PbP stuff I have done in the past.
Jul 2, 2019 3:00 pm
This is an active, vibrant site, that's for certain. That's not to say some games don't whither and die, but there's a large core group of gamers here (a critical mass, if you will) that should sustain it for a long time to come. Welcome!
Jul 4, 2019 12:48 am
Welcome to the community, Windyridge!

Don't forget to check out the New GP Member Guide.

New games are popping up. If you watch the
Games Tavern
I'm sure you'll find one in no time!

We'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything!

Happy gaming!
Last edited August 13, 2019 5:50 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.