Interest Check: Vampire the Masquerade 5th Edition

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 2, 2019 10:30 am
Hi All. I am tossing around the idea of running a Vampire 5th edition chronicle. The idea is still in its infancy and may not happen for a little bit, but I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in jumping on board.
Jul 2, 2019 1:00 pm
I definitely would be interested
Jul 2, 2019 1:34 pm
I haven't had the chance to play 5th ed, so I'd be interested for sure.
Jul 2, 2019 8:12 pm
I'm new here and at playing PbP in general, but I wanted to try VtM for a while now, if you don't mind having a newbie onboard. :D
Jul 3, 2019 5:59 pm
I could probably play in such a game. Would be interested in hearing anything you'd care to elaborate on regarding the campaign premise.
Jul 3, 2019 9:49 pm
I was in a VtM game that has died. I'd love to bring him in and play.
Jul 4, 2019 5:26 pm
I could be interested in playing in a 5th edition game
Jul 4, 2019 5:27 pm
I see you put up your game, here is the link
Jul 4, 2019 7:35 pm
I am still working on it, but I wanted to get it up for when I am ready.
Jul 4, 2019 9:08 pm
Hudson City

Here is the game link again. I am still in the design stage. It is a fictional city with roughly a million people in residence. Feel free to apply to the game and I will approve you. I will also put a link to the Discord channel I created for it so we can do a bit of session zero once I have the city more fleshed out. I would like to know what kind of game y'all are looking for so it is more of a "living" game vs. me throwing a bunch of lore at you and you reacting to it. My hope is that eventually this will become a sort of West Marches-ish type game where there will be multiple coteries working in the same city. That is why the number of players is so high. I participated in an online game like that over hangouts a few years ago and it was a blast. I want to see if it will work in PbP.
Jul 4, 2019 10:27 pm
Ah, I wanted to join but I really don't want to use Discord. I guess I'll pass for now then.
But good luck with the game! The premise sounds very interesting. :D
Jul 4, 2019 11:11 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
Ah, I wanted to join but I really don't want to use Discord. I guess I'll pass for now then.
But good luck with the game! The premise sounds very interesting. :D
The game will be played here. The only thing I wanted to use Discord for was the dice app as GP does not have V5 dice and to brainstorm about the game.
Last edited July 4, 2019 11:11 pm
Jul 4, 2019 11:51 pm
What we do in our V5 game is just roll the d10s as normal, and indicate which are Hunger (i.e., the last 3, say), or roll Hunger dice separately. It doesn't total it for you, but you can see the results.
Jul 5, 2019 6:56 pm
Sorry but I am in the same boat, im not particularly fond of the Discord app for role-play usually.
Jul 5, 2019 7:04 pm
hi i would like to play but i'm a newbie do you mind that ?
Jul 5, 2019 10:18 pm
mcinnis138 says:
The game will be played here. The only thing I wanted to use Discord for was the dice app as GP does not have V5 dice and to brainstorm about the game.
You can just use d10, only decide in advance which values are successes, failures and crits and roll hunger separately, as Qralloq proposed? If you'll allow this, I'd like to join! ^...^ (I won't be very active at brainstorming anyway, since my online is very... episodic. Hard to stay for a long time to have a constant exchange.)
Jul 5, 2019 10:34 pm
I am good with doing dice rolls like that if it is going to prove to be more inclusive. Flying Succulent, feel free to participate as much or as little as you are able. Steef, apply to the game if you have not done so already and I will approve you.
Last edited July 5, 2019 10:35 pm
Jul 5, 2019 10:53 pm
So, I had an idea that I wanted to run by y'all. I was thinking of running an extended prologue sort of Chronicles of Darkness style where everyone starts out as human and slowly gets drawn into what is really going on until finally the Embrace happens and we go from there. My reasoning is to give y'all a chance to live in your characters' skins for awhile before their lives get turned upside down. I think it will make for a deeper roleplaying experience rather than just doing a quick synopsis of the human life, Embrace, and then jumping right into life as a vampire. If the game grows as I hope it will, I would like to keep this practice in place with new players coming in as humans and being Embraced by one of the veteran characters.

If that does not appeal to you, I am fine with scrapping the idea. I just thought it might be cool. Let me know what you think.
Jul 5, 2019 11:12 pm
I like this sort of start for vampire. Depending on post frequency, that could be a month before embrace.

Are you thinking personal one-on-one subforums for the victim phase, or all commingled?
Last edited July 5, 2019 11:12 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.