CouchLord's Character

Nov 12, 2015 5:21 pm
Testing...
Nov 12, 2015 5:36 pm
OK. So I've got 50 points to spend, and let's start with Group One.

Constitution: 16 I want a strong guy here.
Social: 10 Some people like this guy, but not too many...
Color: 11 Plenty to spend.
Isho: 13 Nice and full.
Last edited November 12, 2015 5:52 pm
Nov 12, 2015 5:39 pm
On to Group Two!

Strength: 13 Powerhouse!
Education: 14 Shrewd...
Learn: 10 ...but not an abstract.
Agility:11 Decent.
Last edited November 12, 2015 5:49 pm
Nov 12, 2015 5:46 pm
Group Three, here goes

Speed: 15 Let's have some speed.
Aim: 8 Not a range guy, here.
Spot: 14 Good eyesight, huphup!
Listen: 12 Animal senses...
Last edited November 12, 2015 5:52 pm
Nov 12, 2015 5:53 pm
OK, I'm thinking I want a Bronth... so I'll need to edit my stats accordingly...
Nov 12, 2015 6:10 pm
OK. So I've got 50 points to spend, and let's start with Group One.

Constitution: 16 I want a strong guy here.
Social: 9-2=7 Some people like this guy, but not too many...
Color: 13-4=9 Plenty to spend.
Isho: 12-2=10 Nice and full.

Strength: 13+4=17 Powerhouse!
Education: 14-2=12 Shrewd...
Learn: 10 ...but not an abstract.
Agility:11+2=13 Decent.

Speed: 15 Let's have some speed.
Aim: 8-2=6 Not a range guy, here.
Spot: 14-2=12 Good eyesight, huphup!
Listen: 12+3=15 Animal senses...
Last edited November 12, 2015 6:27 pm
Nov 12, 2015 6:12 pm
OK, there's the Bronth scores... and I think I'm going to go with a Burdothian Military class - Prerequisites: Education cost: 8, minimum Constitution and Strength: 12, minimum agility and Speed: 10 Description: a soldier in one branch of the Burdothian military Bonus: 3 characteristic points, 3 skill points
Last edited November 12, 2015 6:12 pm
Nov 12, 2015 6:35 pm
DERIVED STATS:
Immune to Superficial Wounds
Interaction vs. Ettiquette:
Color Points: 5
Moon Skill Rank: 5
Max Isho Points: 10
+1 Advangate, Hit, Injury Bonus
Max Lift: 470lbs.
Size Modifier: +2
Friends: 1
Foci: 3
Practical Knowledge Skill Ranks: 36
Common Skill Ranks: 36
Agility Skill Ranks: 3
Extra Skill Ranks: 12
Aim Bonus: 1
Nov 12, 2015 6:50 pm
Practical Knowledge Skills:

Arithmetic (6) - ability to solve math problems
- Bio-tec (7) - various living tools were seeded across Jorune by the original colonists. Many of the species remain: bio-tec is your ability to recognize/identify them.
- Current Events (9) - knowing political realities
- Earth-tec (7) - recognizing/identifying ancient artifacts
- Fauna Recognition (8) - identifying creatures
- Flora recognition (8) - identifying plants
- Geography (8) - knowing your way around the countryside
- Geology (10) - identifying topography, locating water, identifying minerals
- History (9) - knowledge of important events in history
- Lore (7) - knowledge of fable, myth, old wives' tales, folk wisdom, etc.
- Traveler (8) - how much you know about a particular place
- Weather (9) - reading the signs for changes in the weather, ability to predict weather in the short term
Nov 12, 2015 7:15 pm
Common Skills:

- Bargain (6) - haggling, getting a deal
- Bribe (-) - greasing palms, using money to influence people in authority
- Bureaucracy (6) - how well you navigate bureaucratic procedures/interactions
- Conceal self (7) - ability to hide in the wild/outdoors
- Contacts (6) - calling on acquaintances to get information
- Cooking (6) - preparing meals, using forage
- Fast Talk (6) - ability to quickly convince or bewilder people verbally
- First Aid (7) - triage, applying bandages, staunching wounds, apply limilates
- Foraging (8) - scavenging/locating food and drink from the environment
- Gaming (-) - gambling, playing games of chance
- Getting Around (8) - navigating your home turf, knowing shortcuts, etc.
- Hide in City (6) - ability to hide in an urban environment
- Information Search (6) - getting information from inanimate sources like books, archives, or libraries
- Search (8) - finding hidden things (SPOT and LISTEN are for detection)
- Silent Movement (7) - sneaking silently
- Tail (6) - following someone without being detected in a city or town
- Teach (9) - general ability to instruct others
- Tracking (9) - ability to detect traces of another's presence/passage
- Wilderness Travel (9) - finding the best route through the wild
Nov 12, 2015 7:17 pm
Agility Skills:

- Jump: 7
- Climb: 8
- Swim: 7
Nov 12, 2015 7:20 pm
- Moon skill: Desti (2) - The red moon of Jorune, associated with violence
- Moon skill: Du (-) - The amber moon of Jorune, associated with light and heat
- Moon skill: Ebba (1) - The yellow moon of Jorune, associated with force
- Moon skill: Gobey (-) - The black moon of Jorune, associated with barriers
- Moon skill: Launtra (1) - The green moon of Jorune, associated with health and the body
- Moon skill: Shal (1) - The blue moon of Jorune, associated with the mind and nerves
- Moon skill: Tra (-) - The white moon of Jorune, associated with space and place
Nov 12, 2015 7:58 pm
EXTRA SKILLS:

- Advance (10) MELEE - move closer to an opponent while in combat, and/or force an opponent back
- Club (10) MELEE
- Defend without weapon (10) MELEE - blocking and parrying with your bare hands
- Fist (10) MELEE - punching, slapping, gouging, twisting, clawing, and any other attacks with your hands
- Shield (10) MELEE - using a shield in combat, for defense or offense
- Staff (10) MELEE - using a 2-handed blunt weapon like long stick, staff, or pole (2 m or less) in combat
- Sword (10) MELEE - using any kind of 1-handed sword in combat
- Tackle (10) MELEE - using your body, leverage and mass to take down an opponent in combat
- Thikes (10) MELEE - using a gladiator's strap-on blades in combat
- Two-handed sword (10) MELEE - using particularly long or massive swords that require two hands in combat
- Rock (4) - picking up a hard object and throwing it in combat
- Language, Cleash (3) - speak with the terrifying insect-like sentient race
Last edited November 12, 2015 8:19 pm
Nov 12, 2015 8:04 pm
Crystal Number Roll...

16 links, so 160 yules.
Last edited November 12, 2015 8:09 pm

Rolls

Crystal links - (3d6)

(565) = 16

Nov 12, 2015 8:17 pm
Equipment:

Melee Freebee: Two-handed sword

Staff - 50
Backpack - 15
Torch x5 - 20
Water skin - 5
5 yards of rope - 20
One week's savory rations - 40

Left over: 1 link.
Last edited November 12, 2015 8:19 pm
Nov 12, 2015 8:36 pm
OK, so when it comes to my special item, I've got several ideas:

(1) An alien tech that allows me to pull any weapon on which I have put the device to my hand. It would be some sort of glove which emits a special electro-magnetic pulse which pulls on a device attached to the pommel of the device, allowing me to pull the object back to me at the flick of my wrist.
(2) A cork which creates a reco which emits a powerful electro-magnetic pulse, pulling all metal above-ground in _ft to itself.
(3) An ancient Bronth helm with an HUD.
Nov 12, 2015 9:52 pm
Background
Origin:
I was raised just about everywhere. My family traveled quite a bit, seeing as my father was a merchant/mercenary. I have lived in cities, towns, caves, settlements, and just about anywhere. I even lived in a palace for a few months as a monarch sorted out some complicated transactions with my father.

Upbringing:
I did indeed know my parents; my father, as earlier mentioned, was a strange combination of merchant, mercenary and handy-man. My mother was a healer; everwhere we went, my father would trick the people out of their crystals, while my mother healed their ails. Needless to say, their work-ethics were drastically different, which resulted in their divorce when I was age 17. I did learn many things from both of them, though I strive to challenge those like my father, and follow in my mother's footsteps.

Why did you leave home, or why did you stay?
I left home at age 19. When my parents were divorced, I followed my mother. I stayed with her for the next two years, then she urged me that I was a grown Bronth, and I should seek my living. I am a large creature and my father had taught me many forms of combat which take advantage of the fact; I am also shrewd for my race, so I joined the Burdothan Military and served there for 4 years.

Siblings: 4 - three sisters and a brother.

Friends:
My best friend to this day is a female Bronth named Eva. We were childhood companions, for her father was also a merchant and our families would often travel together. I have not seen her since I left the military, but I hope to reunite with her and marry her, if she is willing.

Closeness and terms:
I am very close to Eva; their opinions and company are very important to me.

Fascination: I believe that justice should be enforced everywhere. I travel the land catching those I believe to be guilty and turning them in to the government. All races and classes are equal to me, in good or evil. Beware rogues and betrayers!

Adventures: I think my favorite adventure was the time I heard of a terrible wrestler who was fining anyone who wanted to go down an ally in a certain town. The police force had tried to take him out, but he had broken a few necks and ended their attempts. I walked in and punched him hard in the face a few times. He threw me away from him, but I advanced on him and threw him through a wall. It knocked him out cold, and I took him in to the police force. They gave me a good bounty for it, too, though I had to pay for the wall I threw him through, but it still left me plenty.

Racial Attitudes: In the pursuit of justice, I am impartial to all races to cultures; all should be judged alike. I have grown up being instructed that the Cleash were a fierce and perpetually dangerous tribe; I believe that they are misunderstood and that we must endeavor to make peace with their kind.

Knowing each other: Gonna do this once I know the other players...
Last edited November 13, 2015 1:48 am

Rolls

Siblings - (1d6-2)

(6) - 2 = 4

Nov 13, 2015 12:44 am
Your character gets a bunch of skill ranks/levels as part of the Burdothian Military occupation; this may free up some points in skills that you had spent points on in the later steps.

1) You get all of the following:
Melee skills:
Knife: 10 (Familiar)
Fist: 10 (Familiar)

Easy skills:
Conceal self: 6 (Familiar)
Cooking: 6 (Familiar)
Earth-tec operation: 12 (Experienced)
First Aid: 6 (Familiar)
Foraging: 6 (Familiar)
Wilderness travel: 6 (Familiar)
Move Silently: 6 (Familiar)
Tracking: 6 (Familiar)

Moderate skills:
Set traps: 5 (Familiar)

Hard skills:
Military etiquette: 8 (Experienced)
Writing (Entren): 8 (Experienced)

2) In addition to those, choose 3 of the following, then roll a d6 (use the die roller in this thread). If you get a 6, you may choose a fourth one of these.
* Sword (Melee) and shield (Melee): both at 10 (Familiar)
* 2-Handed sword (Melee): 10 (Familiar)
* Pike (Melee): 10 (Familiar)
* Halberd (Melee): 10 (Familiar)
* Spear (Melee): 10 (Familiar)

3) In addition to steps 1 and 2, above, choose one of the following, then roll a d6 (using the die roller in this thread). If you get a 6 on the roll, choose an additional one.
* Energy weapons operation (Moderate): 5 (Familiar)
* Thombo handling/riding (Moderate): 5 (Familiar)
* Talmaron handling/riding (Hard): 4 (Familiar)
* Bochigon handling/riding (Very Hard): 3 (Familiar)

4) You choose a branch of the military in which your character served: infantry, caji infantry (must be a muadra and have color 13, as well as Ebba, Gobey, and Launtra Moon Skills all 5 or better), archers, cavalry, talmarons, marines.
* If you chose infantry, get the following:
- Melee skill of Sword or 2-handed sword at 13 (Experienced)
- Melee skill of pike, halberd, or spear at 13 (Experienced)
- Shield (melee) at 13 (Experienced)

* If you chose caji infantry, get the following:
- Dysha: Power orb at Familiar
- Dysha: shield at Familiar
- Dysha: wall at Familiar
- Dysha: Healer at Familiar
- Dysha: Night Eyes at Familiar
- you double your isho points

* If you chose Archers, get the following:
+3 ranks in bow, longbow, and crossbow combat skills

* If you chose Cavalry, get the following:
- Thombo handling/riding (Moderate): 10 (Experienced)
- Horse handling/riding (Moderate): 10 (Experienced)
- Bochigon handling/riding (Very hard): 6 (Experienced)
- Pike, Halberd, or Spear (Melee): 13 (Experienced)

* If you chose talmarons, get the following:
- Talmaron handling/riding (Hard): 8 (Experienced)
+2 ranks to bow skill

* If you chose marines, get the following:
+6 ranks to swim skill
- Sword or 2-handed sword (Melee): 13 (Experienced)
Nov 13, 2015 3:11 am
OK. Did you see the options for my special Item? Which one can I have, or do I need to think of another?
Nov 13, 2015 3:12 am
Dice rolls for steps 2 and 3...

Rolls

Step 2 - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Step 3 - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Nov 13, 2015 5:13 am
CouchLord0510 says:
OK, so when it comes to my special item, I've got several ideas:

(1) An alien tech that allows me to pull any weapon on which I have put the device to my hand. It would be some sort of glove which emits a special electro-magnetic pulse which pulls on a device attached to the pommel of the device, allowing me to pull the object back to me at the flick of my wrist.
(2) A cork which creates a reco which emits a powerful electro-magnetic pulse, pulling all metal above-ground in _ft to itself.
(3) An ancient Bronth helm with an HUD.
#1 is a great idea, but it would be such a noteworthy item that condrij from around the world would have been hired to hunt you down; I don't think that level of notoriety fits into this campaign at this point...but it might find its way into the campaign...!

#3 is nearly an impossibility; virtually all advanced technology is either relics of the Earth colonies (which have gene locks making them usable by humans only), tech derived from such relics (attempts to imitate the magic of the ancients), or artifacts of other, even more ancient alien civilizations. The bronth have never had any industrial base to develop or manufacture advanced technology, and Burdoth has kept the secrets of Earth-tec a fairly closely-guarded secret (the widespread use of Earth-tec in the Burdothian military is a development of the last thirty years or so, and those items all have gene-locks). So your character is familiar with how to operate Earth-tec, but that's mostly from observing his human platoon mates in action. Any experience he has with using Earth-tec himself (if any) was obtained by using illegal black market modified Earth-tec with the gene-locks circumvented somehow. Possession of such items in Burdoth is punishable by death.

So...of these, #2 makes the most sense. A cork is a bit like a seed, and a bit like a battery for an incupod: put one in an incupod, and if the incupod is healthy, the cork and incupod will combine and start to grow, changing into the device/function specified by the cork. This cork was probably designed by an Earth colonist - perhaps a junior team member in an engineering lab who ended up getting stuck with clean-up jobs - who needed a way to collect small bits of metal shavings or something. The cork turned out much stronger than intended, and the resulting reco would actually yank ferrous metal items out of people's grasps within a 10' radius. It became a great party trick and way to prank pompous engineers. Eventually, the colony administration reprimanded the engineer who'd created it, and the corks and their patterns were shelved. Thousands of years later, a pack of them was found in a cryo-bin, and Iscins experimenting with the corks discovered that they were valuable in finding and collecting iron ore and rusting artifacts in archaeological digs. Enterprising Iscins with friends in low places realized another potential for the corks, and sold a few to duelists and others who might want to disarm an opponent to give an advantage in combat. Your character probably found one of these corks on the person of a criminal you apprehended.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.