[LFG] Shadowrun 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 3, 2019 5:23 pm
Seeing as finding someone to run Lancer puttered out, let's try my other game on the wish-list: Shadowrun 5e. Ghost knows that's a tall order...

As many of you know, SR 6e is just around the corner. But like any proper fan of Shadowrun, I don't trust Catalyst to make it good enough to transfer over (plus I'd have to wait for all the extra books to come out and yadda yadda yadda... you know the drill), and honestly 5e is a perfectly serviceable system in the right hands.

Now, I know how to run SR 5e, but I just don't have the time to devote to it, but I've got an itch to play for once. Anybody know anyone running or looking to run Shadowrun?
Jul 3, 2019 5:54 pm
I love Shadowrun, always down to play it. But I'd have to wait to see how a couple of games I'm involved in progress before I could commit to running it.

Also, I'm VERY optimistic about 6E based on what I've heard so far...
Last edited July 3, 2019 5:55 pm
Jul 10, 2019 5:17 am
Yamazaki, where have I heard that name before? :)
If you're still looking for players, I'm interested. On this site or any other.. just let me know.
Jul 10, 2019 5:57 am
if you still looking for players im interested
Jul 10, 2019 9:54 am
I wouldn't mind running a game at all...as long as people don't mind playing with a bit of a homebrew setting (Shadowrun in the UK) and don't mind waiting a few days for me to spin a campaign idea back up that I had before?
Jul 10, 2019 9:56 am
Kubby87 says:
I wouldn't mind running a game at all...as long as people don't mind playing with a bit of a homebrew setting (Shadowrun in the UK) and don't mind waiting a few days for me to spin a campaign idea back up that I had before?
i would be in for that
Jul 10, 2019 12:19 pm
Kubby87 says:
I'd be down for that in a heart beat!
Jul 10, 2019 12:22 pm
Yamazaki says:
Kubby87 says:
I'd be down for that in a heart beat!
do you have any free spot for me ?
Jul 11, 2019 11:13 am
Steef - I don't see why not. I'll have a look at putting up some background tonight and over the weekend, then if people are still interested I'll open up a 4-6 player game.
Jul 11, 2019 11:23 am
I would be interested. I like the idea of a UK setting.
I haven't made a Shadowrun character in a long time but I should still be able to manage
Jul 11, 2019 11:26 am
well im interested in the idea of trying shadowrun i played the video games but not the rpg's
Jul 11, 2019 7:20 pm
steef99 says:
well im interested in the idea of trying shadowrun i played the video games but not the rpg's
Oh, you're new to SR? Okay, let's get your feet wet while we wait for Kubby to get things sorted.

Step 1: Go read the Core Rulebook. You can skip the GMing sections, but read the whole thing otherwise. Confused by something? That's normal - SR 5e has issues where the editing of the rulebooks are concerned. It'll likely take a few re-reads to get the bulk of it down.
Step 1.5: google up the Shadowrun Superbook Project - it's a fan project that compiles most of the core book's rules and reorganizes into a way that's a bit easier to grok. Also has far better editing than all the 5e books combined.
Step 2: get your grubby hands on Chummer5. It's a chargen program, and nothing short of a godsend for every Shadowrun player and GM out there. It'll make your life much easier when building your character, even if you stick to the core book.
Step 3: take advantage of the many many resources out there. I like to point to reddit's r/shadowrun in particular, as well as the several Youtube channels that focus on Shadowrun.
Kinudig says:
If you're still looking for players, I'm interested. On this site or any other.. just let me know.
... Hey! I recognize that name! LOL
Jul 11, 2019 7:24 pm
Yamazaki says:
steef99 says:
Oh, you're new to SR? Okay, let's get your feet wet while we wait for Kubby to get things sorted.

Step 1: Go read the Core Rulebook. You can skip the GMing sections, but read the whole thing otherwise. Confused by something? That's normal - SR 5e has issues where the editing of the rulebooks are concerned. It'll likely take a few re-reads to get the bulk of it down.
Step 1.5: google up the Shadowrun Superbook Project - it's a fan project that compiles most of the core book's rules and reorganizes into a way that's a bit easier to grok. Also has far better editing than all the 5e books combined.
Step 2: get your grubby hands on Chummer5. It's a chargen program, and nothing short of a godsend for every Shadowrun player and GM out there. It'll make your life much easier when building your character, even if you stick to the core book.
Step 3: take advantage of the many many resources out there. I like to point to reddit's r/shadowrun in particular, as well as the several Youtube channels that focus on Shadowrun.
Kinudig says:

... Hey! I recognize that name! LOL
Thank you so much
you helped me so much
Jul 11, 2019 7:41 pm
I'll have to check out Chummer5. So far I've always just done my characters by hand but I won't say no to anything that makes the process easier xD
Should we already come up with characters ourselves or do we discuss who covers what role in a character creation thread once the game gets started?
Jul 11, 2019 7:45 pm
i would like a street samurai cause i can
Jul 11, 2019 8:20 pm
bowlofspinach says:
I'll have to check out Chummer5. So far I've always just done my characters by hand but I won't say no to anything that makes the process easier xD
Should we already come up with characters ourselves or do we discuss who covers what role in a character creation thread once the game gets started?
Link to Chummer5 Downloads

Trust me - I've ran SR a few times and made dozens of characters rather easily thanks to Chummer. It's on the top of my advice for SR newbies. Especially if you're using more than just the core book.

As for roles, I'd say let's wait until the forum is set up. It'd be best if we knew what books we have to work with, 'cause I have them all. Although knowing me, I'll roll up another combat rigger again...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.