Odyssey Across the Stars

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 5, 2019 8:44 pm
This is a premise inspired by old 1950s and 60s science fiction. If you think you know some of the sources and want to join, please be very careful about keeping spoilers to yourself.

In the late 2300s, physicists confirmed the unexpected; the Sun would be going nova sometime in the next ten thousand years. The United Earth Council therefore, commissioned a series of generational survey ships to be built, with a mandate of finding new earth-like worlds. The Odyssey was the first of these ships. Equipped with photonic drives and suspended animation, and enough space for a full-fledged arcology, the ship was set for a decades-long search. The first-generation crew lived and died on-board Odyssey. Their children continued the search. Then, catastrophe struck. A meteor storm devastated the Odyssey. Nearly the entire crew was killed. The only ones to survive were a group of third-generation crew, little more than infants at the time. Quickly placed into suspended animation, they were left until adulthood while they received the subliminal training they needed to pilot the ship.

Twenty years later. You awaken on a derelict ship, guided only by Seraphim, your tutor and mentor. You are the third generation. It is time to finish the search.

The system we'll use is based off of Roll for Shoes with minor tweaks.

Character Creation is simple.

1) Choose a name.
2) Write down your basic skill: "Do Anything 1"
3) Choose a trained skill: Medic 2, Scientist 2, Engineer 2, Pilot 2, Explorer 2, Soldier 2
4) Choose two expert skills that are subsets of the trained skill you chose. These can be anything, and they're at rank 3. For instance, if you chose Soldier as your general training, you could choose Tough 3 as an expert skill, but you could also choose Perfect Aim 3. The exact names aren't important, but what they DO should be clear.

Details on mechanics and progression will be in the game forums.
I currently have three spots open.
Last edited July 5, 2019 8:49 pm
Jul 5, 2019 8:48 pm
I don't know the system at all, if that's not a problem, I would be interested.
Jul 5, 2019 9:33 pm
It is not a problem. Just do those steps and you're done. The rest is explained on the forums. There's not a heck of a lot to learn. :D
Jul 6, 2019 7:02 am
Two spots left.
Jul 6, 2019 8:44 am
Sure, i'd like to give it a try. Sounds really neat!
Jul 6, 2019 9:10 am
i'd like to join but im not familiar with the system but i can learn
Jul 6, 2019 2:09 pm
Cool, we're full then. invites are incoming.
Jul 6, 2019 2:13 pm
Falconloft says:
Cool, we're full then. invites are incoming.
so excited

You do not have permission to post in this thread.