Love this site so far!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 11, 2019 11:45 am
I have to say that I am very happy with this site! Its so much easier to use than others ones, like Mythweavers or RPGcrossing. I tried those two and its very complex, but this site is very user-friendly. I look forward to playing and GMing here thanks.

A Happy Customer
Jul 11, 2019 12:52 pm
And it has a great group of gamers, too!
Jul 12, 2019 3:39 pm
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your experience so far.
Jul 30, 2019 3:35 pm
I agree with you. RPG Crossing is like a project just to play/apply and Myth is similar. Great if you like the application process I suppose but it just seems like so much work. The choice of systems in play is better here in my humble opinion too.
Aug 7, 2019 8:22 am
I love this site too. Just a little difficult to get players to post. They show interest by asking for approval into a game and then don't post after that. Is there anything I am doing wrong?
Aug 7, 2019 8:51 am
Tani says:
I love this site too. Just a little difficult to get players to post. They show interest by asking for approval into a game and then don't post after that. Is there anything I am doing wrong?
No it's just the way it is unfortunately. It sometimes takes a while to land on a group of players who will stick with a game. The last two I've started have had over half the original players who signed up drop off within the first few weeks.
Aug 7, 2019 9:01 am
mcneils5 says:
Tani says:
No it's just the way it is unfortunately. It sometimes takes a while to land on a group of players who will stick with a game. The last two I've started have had over half the original players who signed up drop off within the first few weeks.
Ok. That's sort of good to hear. I think I have just had my gaming passion reignited and was really keen to game all be it long-distance and pbp. Thanks for the chat though.
Aug 8, 2019 1:10 am
Tani says:
Well...
Aug 8, 2019 2:01 am
The irony here is pretty rich. Very representative of play by post, unfortunately.

Person starts thread: "I love this!"

1 week later...

Same person: 🦗🦗🦗 (< crickets)
Aug 8, 2019 2:49 am
What does the Zzz next to the OP's name mean? Does that indicate they've left the site?
Aug 8, 2019 2:52 am
SavageBob says:
What does the Zzz next to the OP's name mean? Does that indicate they've left the site?
I think the Zzzs show up after you're inactive for two weeks. If you view their profile, you can see that they in particular have been inactive for 18 days now.
Aug 8, 2019 2:55 am
Tani says:
What guidelines do you put in place about posting? If someone doesn't have a character finalized yet, they may be waiting for your approval.

Time zones are a big deal, for one, and I also know that some people try to hang back to get a feel for things initially, or they don't want to monopolize the initial posts. A "session 0" thread may help. Jobs also matter. I'm a teacher in the off season. I have to remind myself why nobody else is posting during the day ;)

Finally, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Focus on a good story, not differences in people's priorities, and players will come!

I love how supportive and chill this site is. I haven't had regular gaming since college, so PBP alone is a delight, and I've met some really cool people!
Aug 8, 2019 3:01 am
lavtodd says:
Tani says:
I love how supportive and chill this site is. I haven't had regular gaming since college, so PBP alone is a delight, and I've met some really cool people!
Yeah, this site (and I suspect PbP, in general) can be a slow burn -- you might play or GM a number of games before you find a solid group of dependable (note that I'm not using this in a pejorative sense) people. PbP seems like it might be the answer to your prayers, but in practice it's not analogous to F2F gaming. It's a bit like taking an in-person class vs. an online course (I'm in education): you can't simply convert a face to face class to online -- there are nuances that need to be taken into account to make it work which accounts for the advantages and disadvantages of the asynchronous nature of things.
Aug 8, 2019 3:06 am
Airickson says:
It's a bit like taking an in-person class vs. an online course (I'm in education): you can't simply convert a face to face class to online -- there are nuances that need to be taken into account to make it work which accounts for the advantages and disadvantages of the asynchronous nature of things.
Nicely said!
Aug 9, 2019 6:07 pm
lavtodd says:
Tani says:
What guidelines do you put in place about posting? If someone doesn't have a character finalized yet, they may be waiting for your approval.

Time zones are a big deal, for one, and I also know that some people try to hang back to get a feel for things initially, or they don't want to monopolize the initial posts. A "session 0" thread may help. Jobs also matter. I'm a teacher in the off season. I have to remind myself why nobody else is posting during the day ;)

Finally, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Focus on a good story, not differences in people's priorities, and players will come!

Awesome! Thanks!
Aug 9, 2019 6:10 pm
emsquared says:
The irony here is pretty rich. Very representative of play by post, unfortunately.

Person starts thread: "I love this!"

1 week later...

Same person: 🦗🦗🦗 (< crickets)
You were on the receiving end of a particularly bad case of this, emsquared.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.