Coming back to the hobby after too long

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 16, 2019 4:11 am
Hello,

My name is Richard and I'm sure this is a fairly common story around here but it is mine nonetheless. I played with a small group of friends for an extended period at the end of high school through my first attempt at University and when that group fell through, my second, successful this time, University enrollment and subsequent job, wife and kids overtook any social life I may have had.

Recently though the actual plays and interview podcasts that I have been increasingly listening to have spurred in me the will to engage again with role playing in some capacity, although my current location and social circle do not allow it, this is what the internet is for!

So I am eager to meet you all on the forums here as well as the battlefield of fantasy dungeons!
Jul 16, 2019 4:39 am
Welcome.
I was in the same boat as you and I am enjoying my journey here experimenting with a couple of different systems.
Jul 16, 2019 12:25 pm
Welcome KettleandClock!
Jul 16, 2019 1:39 pm
You are among others who have a shared experience! It's one big reason why this site works so well!
Jul 16, 2019 2:04 pm
Welcome to the community, KettleandClock!

Don't forget to check out the New GP Member Guide.

New games are always popping up. If you watch the Games Tavern I'm sure you'll find one in no time!

We'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything!

Happy gaming!
Last edited August 13, 2019 5:44 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.