New and looking to get my feet wet!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 24, 2019 2:22 pm
So, I'm not strictly new to RPGs as a whole. I have played various console and PC RPGs over the years, but tabletop games have always eluded me. Not to say I haven't tried to get into a game or two over the years. Unfortunately, where I come from is a very rural area and there just aren't a lot of game shops or other means for meeting fellow players within a reasonable distance.

And then I found out that play-by-post is a thing, and stumbled upon a mention of this site on Reddit.

A bit about me: I'm a pretty active soul online wise. I spent a lot of my youth writing stories and was heavily into the roleplay scene (invisionfree/proboards forum posting) so writing up backstories/flavor text isn't going to be much of a concern. Really, I'm pretty much just an easy going guy. I can post several times a day on average, and can normally dedicate a weekend night to staying up for a few hours to focus on a game or two. Needless to say, my will to learn is pretty high and I hope to one day even be GM'ing a game or two myself.

Systems wise, I've only been exposed thus far to a few thanks to podcasts like NADDPOD and The Critshow. D&D 5e, PbtA games (MotW specifically), and Shadowrun. Regardless though, I'm willing to learn whatever and try something at least once.

So, if you have a game going on or about to start one and are in need of a player who can be active and invested, but don't mind teaching them how things work, then please consider me!
Jul 24, 2019 2:52 pm
Sounds good. Will remember you for sure. "Active and invested" are my favorite words on PbP.
Jul 24, 2019 3:02 pm
I don't think you'll have any trouble finding games to sink your teeth into. Keep an eye on the Games Tavern!
Jul 24, 2019 4:13 pm
Welcome! I came here a few months ago knowing only Pathfinder and a smidge of D&D 5E, and I've since been welcomed into loads of games in systems I'd never even heard of. It's a very welcoming community with a lot of terrific people. You'll find plenty of opportunities!
Jul 24, 2019 4:19 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jul 25, 2019 7:40 am
welcome - hope to see you in a game soon
Jul 25, 2019 12:23 pm
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to diving in haha

You do not have permission to post in this thread.