ABERRANT - Looking for 1-2 more players

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 26, 2019 5:04 pm
https://i.postimg.cc/PrTJgZHx/A0-AE788-C-709-E-4-EA7-899-A-DBDBC33-CFC3-B.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/0jdQ65YP/A52-A0609-74-CB-4-E0-D-A389-6-B54-BD16-A119.jpg

Lost two players; looking to bring the PC group back up to five or six players.

Aberrant is a pathos-rich superhero setting that takes a grittier, more realistic look at what a world with super beings would be like. The game ditches the tropes common to four-color superhero comics, instead choosing a more deconstructionist approach to the genre. The setting has a similar feel and scope to Watchmen, DC's Kingdom Come, The Boys by Garth Ennis, and some elements of the Wildstorm Universe.

The system is a modified version of the Storyteller System used in the Old World of Darkness.

Back in 1998, the destruction of a space station in Earth orbit increases radiation levels worldwide, triggering a mutation in certain people and causing them to "erupt" as "novas", people with a node in their brain that allows them to manipulate quantum forces. In short, novas have the potential to do anything they can imagine. In practice, they're more limited, but they still have the kind of power accorded comic-book super-heroes or mythic demigods

What do novas do with their power? Lots of things. In the world of 2019, twenty-one years after the emergence of the first novas, there are an estimated 10,000 novas worldwide, from every nation and all walks of life. Many have chosen to join Project Utopia, an organization devoted to harnessing nova power to cure the world's ills. They've made considerable progress: cleaning up the environment, breaking the back of organized crime, producing cures for cancer and AIDS, averting natural disasters, and terraforming Ethiopia into a tropical paradise. Mega-intelligent nova inventors and scientists have accelerated technological development by leaps and bounds; the world now has tech once relegated to science fiction: portable energy weapons, flying cars, nanotechnology, and more.

Real "super villains" are a rarity in the world. Why use your tremendous powers to rob banks when you can become a spokesperson for Nike or earn millions doing the talk-show circuit? If you have the power of a god, maybe you should be worshipped as one? A lot of novas seem to think so, and nova-led cults and new religions are all over the place, while the appearance of living gods has its impact on existing religions. Then there are nova mercenaries that fight wars like one-man armies, and super-powered nova athletes and wrestlers in the XWF (Extreme Warfare Federation). You also have nova rock stars and actors, as well as nova businessmen and super models, using their superhuman charisma or looks to make a living.

Then there's the Teragen Movement, novas who follow the philosophy of the mysterious nova demagogue Divis Mal. His Null Manifesto declared novas outside human law, authorities unto themselves, and the Teragen refuse to be governed by anything other than their own consciences. Many consider them terrorists, and the individual beliefs of some Terats have led them to commit acts of terror, like the assassination of anti-nova politicians.

https://i.postimg.cc/cHd1pGqz/D60-E445-C-59-EB-42-C3-9-A9-A-F93-C26-B49-BFC.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/T3SCNTbR/625-B703-E-21-BD-420-B-B173-FCBC2-CA16-DDD.jpg
Last edited July 26, 2019 10:07 pm
Jul 26, 2019 5:36 pm
Sure, that sounds like fun. I'd like to check it out.
Jul 26, 2019 10:04 pm
Welcome aboard! I’ll send you an invite. The players have completed the Prologue for the game, so far.
Jul 27, 2019 3:12 am
Do the characters play as a team? I am curious how the actual game play goes.
Jul 27, 2019 3:25 am
Quote:
Do the characters play as a team? I am curious how the actual game play goes.
Yes, they operate as a team, though there is occasional splitting up. So far, everyone seems to work well together.

The player’s chose to work for the Teragen, so they aren’t quite good guys, per se, but not villains. The group has a mentor that gives them assignments. Most of the game is mission oriented.
Last edited July 27, 2019 3:26 am
Jul 27, 2019 3:32 am
You know what?
If you have a spot still, I am intrigued.
Jul 27, 2019 3:41 am
Quote:
You know what?
If you have a spot still, I am intrigued.
I’ll send you an invite. I don’t know if you are familiar with Classic World of Darkness games, but Aberrant uses a version of the old Storyteller System from White Wolf. That’ll give you an idea of what character creation and rules are like, though I’ve house ruled a few things to make the system more suitable for play-by-post.

The player group has completed the Prologue of the game and are waiting to begin Chapter 1. In-game, there is a few months of downtime between each chapter, so this is a good time for new characters to jump in.
Jul 27, 2019 3:45 am
I am not familiar at all but I am a keen learner if that's ok.

Off to accept invite
Jul 27, 2019 8:09 pm
Those are beautiful pictures.
Jul 27, 2019 8:29 pm
Quote:
Those are beautiful pictures.
Most of them are pictures from the Kickstarter for the new edition of Aberrant.
Jul 27, 2019 9:51 pm
I may be interested. I played a some White Wolf stuff before (Mostly Vampire). I would love to learn more, but I too am unfamiliar with Aberrant.
Jul 27, 2019 10:31 pm
Welcome aboard! I’ll send you an invite.
Jul 28, 2019 10:38 am
This looks really cool! You probably have enough players now, but if another spot opens up let me know :)
Jul 28, 2019 9:23 pm
Quote:
This looks really cool! You probably have enough players now, but if another spot opens up let me know :)
. Unfortunately the game is filled already. But thanks for the interest. I’ll keep you in mind if we lose a player.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.