Players that aren't in many games

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jul 29, 2019 2:59 pm
Viking1031 says:
Sometimes all it takes to get in a game you do seem to like is to say something like I am new and trying to find a game using X ruleset, many times a GM will see it and invite you in as well if they have room or when posting in an game interest one saying hey I am not in any games could I be one of the one who get in.
I concur: I think about half of the games I've run have begun in direct response for a request for a certain game.
Jul 29, 2019 3:10 pm
Others have addressed everything else, so I will only comment on this:
Yamazaki says:
the lack of easy interchange between the game summary and its forums is annoying.
The links in question are in the red bar at the bottom of the page.
Jul 29, 2019 3:48 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
That was not obvious, thank you for the information; I've been going the long way around.
Jul 29, 2019 3:56 pm
Don't mention it! I did the same my entire first year on the site hahaha!
Last edited July 29, 2019 3:56 pm
Jul 29, 2019 4:04 pm
Falconloft says:
I think the recruitment style varies by game here as much as it does on Myth-Weavers or any other site. Each GM does it their own way. I've been in a few games here that wanted applications, but I tend not to do it that way myself. Personally (and ONLY personally) I feel like it's unfair to make people invest in a character that they might never get to play, so I'll find players first, and discuss details later, usually.
That is a legit complaint about how MW does things, and one that I understand whole-heartedly. Honestly, that style of recruitment works best when the prospective players enjoy the character creation process as much as they enjoy playing (which is why it works out nicely for the Pathfinder theorycrafters like myself).

And yes, there is always a demand for a good SR GM. I'd run, but I just don't have the kind of time to do much GMing outside of my live group...
Jul 29, 2019 4:37 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Thank you! I never knew that. That's really helpful
Jul 29, 2019 7:00 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I didn't noticed that as well.
As for the OP, I've been here for several months, right now I think I am only in one active game (other games either died out or on hiatus). While I want to join some of the games I see here, I am not sure if I will be able to dedicate enough time for them as I am quite busy IRL. However, I wouldn't mind more SR and WH40k games, even though I haven't played them yet, but the worlds are interesting to me.
Jul 30, 2019 12:27 am
I didn't notice the links either!
Jul 30, 2019 7:10 am
Hi guys.... this may not be the appropriate place, but since it is about players with not enough games, I am opening some spots for my games... The only thing you need is 4-5 post a week and some patience, since it is not any established system (and playtesting always has some issues... ). Short-term players are more than welcome at this time :D
Jul 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Others have addressed everything else, so I will only comment on this:
Yamazaki says:
the lack of easy interchange between the game summary and its forums is annoying.
Okay, I'm going to be that one guy that doesn't get what you're saying, mostly because I don't get what you're saying. Red bar at the bottom of what page?
Jul 30, 2019 4:11 pm
As an aside, I will be getting an SR game run at a point in the very near future. My preference would be to find an SR GM that can't find players, but if I can't find someone, I'll do it myself and $deity help us all.
Jul 30, 2019 4:13 pm
Game Details page.
Jul 30, 2019 4:26 pm
Oh. Wow. Yeah, I never saw those either.
Jul 30, 2019 4:34 pm
And at the bottom of every game forum page, also red bar. On the right side of which appears a link to the Game Details page.
Jul 30, 2019 7:40 pm
Looks like we're making headway towards an SR game. Keep posting here if you can't find what you're looking for or can't find players though. I'll keep the original post updated.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.