Move a Post

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 28, 2019 12:25 pm
Is there a way for GMs to move a post that is posted in the wrong thread to another thread? I know where that feature is on most forums. Am I just missing it here?
Last edited July 28, 2019 12:26 pm
Jul 28, 2019 8:26 pm
I think if you copy and paste it, we may be good. Sorry about that.
Jul 28, 2019 8:58 pm
I tried to copy and paste that but that doesn't move dice rolls, and it makes me the post author and not the person who made the post. Usually, under the moderator/GM drop-down there is a "move post" option. You just put the URL of the thread you want to move it to, and then it moves it and re-sorts the posts by post date in that new thread as normal.

No worries, mcinnis138! This is more a curiosity for me. A screen shot worked fine. :-D I'm just trying to figure out the ins and outs of this forum software.
Jul 28, 2019 11:30 pm
If in the same game, just above the quick reply section, you should see a quick mod access on the right, that should let you move threads.
Jul 29, 2019 12:03 am
I was looking to move a post from one thread to another.
Jul 29, 2019 2:09 pm
Oh... send me an email with the post id and what thread you want it moved to, and ill do that. I'll add that feature to the backlog.
Jul 29, 2019 2:11 pm
Keleth says:
Oh... send me an email with the post id and what thread you want it moved to, and ill do that. I'll add that feature to the backlog.
That would be great! I had a similar problem before... and if you copy/edit a player's post, you can't keep it as the character's post (GM doesn't have access to it). so it just looks like a strange monologue :(
Jul 29, 2019 8:50 pm
Thanks for the offer, but, before you offered, I had already taken a screenshot and posted it (screenshot because the post had dice in it).

Thanks for the info, everyone!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.