D&D 5th Ed. with DM new to 5th Ed

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 29, 2019 7:18 pm
Hi All, I have GMed other systems plenty, and want to try my hand at a D&D 5th ed game. Anyone have any specific requests on what you would like to play/see happen in the game?

This is a practice run for me, and I have a plot idea for the game, but I am otherwise open to ideas. I only have the main DM's guide, but any interesting homebrew ideas you might have I am down for.

Anyone want to give it a shot?
Jul 29, 2019 7:26 pm
Cool! i'm down for crazy town!
Jul 29, 2019 7:30 pm
WIth it being a practice run, I'd say run something you are comfortable adjudicating. I'm sure there is a DEFINITE draw for pretty much anything you could come up with, lol.
Jul 29, 2019 7:47 pm
What I would like to play:
Eberron or Ravnica
Lev 5 and above
Role playing over dungeon crawl and combat
Jul 29, 2019 8:19 pm
Definitely going to go for a good balance between RP and combat, with some overarching puzzliness thrown in for good measure. Going level 5 and up would be fun actually, though I have an idea to run an intro session as level 1, then fast forward through time and come back to the PCs at level 4 or 5 and go from there. Partly to have some time to advance plot outside of their adventures, and partly to get people's feet under them before we ramp up. That way I can throw some better challenges and baddies at the crew.
Jul 29, 2019 8:22 pm
Sounds awesome. Count me in
Jul 29, 2019 9:19 pm
Something that leads to a Dragon. I'm good
Last edited July 29, 2019 9:19 pm
Jul 29, 2019 9:31 pm
I don't have any ideas, but would be happy to join
Jul 30, 2019 3:03 pm
Sounds like a plan, all! Thanks! I will work up the details and send you invites over. As to the dragon question, my guiding phrase for this whole adventure has been "Oh, you want Dungeons? You want Dragons? Oh, YOU WILL GET THEM..."

That sounds less sinister in my head I think.
Jul 30, 2019 4:34 pm
Game created and all invited. Dramasailor, you didn't mention being interested in joining up, but I left a spot open for you if you change your mind. Just say the word.
Jul 30, 2019 7:12 pm
Hey Steef99! If I have anyone that I invited drop out, then definitely. I am looking at 6 players as it stands now, and I am not sure I want to do any more than that right now. Once I get in there and we start playing I might up it, as well. If you could apply to the game I will approve as things move forward in either direction.
Jul 30, 2019 7:19 pm
ok tell me if when you have free room for me
Aug 1, 2019 12:43 am
Zatamando when you’re ready to expanded I would be interested (if I haven’t overcommitted by then 😄)
Aug 1, 2019 10:00 am
I applied too, didn't see that this thread was for that game, otherwise I'd have said something here.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.