HALO: Mission Defender

Nov 18, 2015 3:04 am
How many of you play the video game HALO? Well, I've been thinking that it would be kind of cool to make an RPG based off of the game; I've got a basic idea and I've seen a few different layouts of RPGs, so I'm kind of mixing and matching. Right now I'm thinking that I can only have the gameplay PCs be about equal if they are only Humans, Sangheili (Elites) and Jiralhanae (Brutes); I'll have my character sheet basics out later, but I'm relatively new to this: any ideas??
Nov 18, 2015 3:12 am
Do you have a base system you'd work off?
Dec 4, 2015 4:40 am
Probably a mix of D&D and skyrealms of jorune.
Dec 4, 2015 9:44 pm
There is a Fate Core setup for HALO already (or at least some has been laid out by independents) if you don't want to do a lot of leg work. Then again, Fate may not be the kind of system you are looking for.
Dec 6, 2015 2:54 am
I'm really just looking for a project and interested to try my hand at game-creating. I actually have no experience with FATE... what's it like?
Dec 8, 2015 6:04 pm
CouchLord0510 says:
I'm really just looking for a project and interested to try my hand at game-creating. I actually have no experience with FATE... what's it like?
Fate is a story driven game where you use the resource of Fate Points to create advantages or give disadvantages based on situations and other things. To me, it sounds complicated when explained, but when you actually read the rules it's very open ended on what you can do. The idea is you can run it with any setting, in any time period, and it is even encouraged that the players and GM build the characters and world concept in the first session. Anyways, all the material for Fate Core from Evil Hat is free online or at least some of it. It does require special dice though, which is solved by online resources or at your local game shop or following their table for a standard d6. I am a little new to it, so my explanation is probably crap, but here is a link to the rules:

http://www.evilhat.com/home/fate-core-downloads/

One-Shot Podcast has some good Fate games they run, for an example. There are other Fate based podcasts as well. Star Trek for example. Things like that.
Last edited December 8, 2015 6:05 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.