Suggestion: more distinguisable read / unread icon

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 19, 2015 7:19 am
The two icons are so similar that I have to concentrate to see difference. How about someting like this?
Last edited November 19, 2015 7:24 am
Nov 19, 2015 8:35 am
Are you suggesting fade it out more? Is it an issue of color differentiation for those with colorblindness? I know that was a concern raised a bit ago.
Nov 19, 2015 4:20 pm
Yes, fading out, as now they are the same "brightness", and when two really dark colors have the same brightness, they look very similar, especially when the image is small. Like the dark red "GP" and the dark gray "GP" in the icons.

I can see the difference, but I need to focus on them and if they were different in "brightness", it would be easier on the eyes.
Nov 19, 2015 5:09 pm
I like this suggestion. I usually don't have trouble seeing the difference, but making it more pronounced couldn't hurt!
Nov 19, 2015 5:58 pm
The logo is changing soon, so I'll need to consider new read/unread icons as it is.
Nov 19, 2015 6:36 pm
Keleth says:
The logo is changing soon, so I'll need to consider new read/unread icons as it is.
Can we get a preview of the new logo?
Nov 19, 2015 7:01 pm
Sure, it's been the one I've been tweeting for a while:

http://gamersplane.com/images/new/gp_logo_final.jpg
Nov 19, 2015 7:54 pm
Sweet! And I like the tagline :-)
Nov 20, 2015 12:46 am
The logo is also pretty flexible. The designer mentioned the idea of replacing the nice with a silhouette of different genres, coming out of the red "plane": a knight or dragon for fantasy, a spy figure, a tentacle for Cthulhu. It leads to some neat ideas, and tee shirts you guys may want to buy.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.