Microscope!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 3, 2019 4:51 am
I'm looking for some like minded players to play Microscope. The ideal player is someone who is familiar with the rules and is able to post within 24 hours of their turn. B/c we will have 3-4 players you'll be posting 1-2 times/week. If you've never heard of Microscope RPG by Ben Robbins (www.lamemage.com) this might not be the PbP for you, but i've you've read these rules and never had a good chance to actually play then this IS for you. I've had some great experiences utilizing Trello, a free Project Management website, to make an ID card layout like Microscope requires. Let me know if you're feeling like you're up to the challenge.

We'll be using a setup from Microscope Explorer:
Battle of the Planets
Earth, Mars, Venus and the moons of Jupiter wage war to control the Solar
System. The stars remain beyond our reach, so the planets are the only
home we have.
Aug 3, 2019 6:13 am
I'm interested, but not familiar with the rules.

How hard is the sci-fi of the setting you're thinking of?
Aug 3, 2019 6:56 am
I've read through the rules but never played. Count me in!
Aug 3, 2019 9:57 am
I've seen this game before and I'm interested to join.

Sorry, I don't have the rules with me. Is still OK if someone could teach me, or if it's too much trouble, then it's OK, I'm not suitable to join.
Last edited August 3, 2019 10:06 am
Aug 3, 2019 10:00 am
i'm in if you have room
Aug 3, 2019 6:57 pm
discourage says:
I'm interested, but not familiar with the rules.

How hard is the sci-fi of the setting you're thinking of?
The game can be as hard of Sci-Fi as the players would like. As part of the setup phase each player gets the oppurtunity to include or exclude certain elements to the game. For example, on my turn i can say "yes to ray guns, but no to opening portals to other dimensions".

As for the rules, I prefer players that have access to the rules. I tried playing this game once before by literally quoting large sections of the rulebook in a subforum and it was exhausting.
Aug 4, 2019 1:39 am
OK then. Have a nice session!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.