MAPS

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 4, 2019 3:11 am
What is the best way to show Maps on Gamers Plane??
Aug 4, 2019 3:38 am
Are you wanting to show a map image, like a picture file? The image tags will do that for you. Click the picture icon above the text box and it’ll prompt you for a URL. If you need a place to host image files, imgur works really well for me. I can go into more detail if you want.
Aug 4, 2019 3:47 am
Yes please! Just have a .jpg image that I want the players to view. It's a small map that I took using my iPhone.
Last edited August 4, 2019 3:58 am
Aug 4, 2019 3:48 am
Do I copy the embed code?
Aug 4, 2019 4:07 am
DONE! Thanks for your help!
Aug 4, 2019 4:09 am
Glad I could help!
Aug 9, 2019 4:18 am
For in game battle maps, I use google slides. It has a mobile app, so I can update the map either from home or on my mobile.

Here's an example that I used in my last game: forest encounter
Aug 9, 2019 12:34 pm
Blaeringr says:
For in game battle maps, I use google slides. It has a mobile app, so I can update the map either from home or on my mobile.

That's a good idea -- easier to move the tokens around than anything else, that's for sure.
Aug 9, 2019 4:14 pm
Airickson says:
Blaeringr says:

That's a good idea -- easier to move the tokens around than anything else, that's for sure.
Oh, yeah, I never even thought about Slides. That's a great idea.
Aug 10, 2019 4:40 pm
I tried Roll20 first, but even with a mouse emulator for my mobile browser it was quite difficult to select tokens, and sometimes moving the map left and right was impossible.

So I had the idea next to try google drawings...and the frustrating thing there was that I was frequently selecting the background instead of the tokens. And once you've moved the background, it's very difficult to fix on mobile. Have to wait til I get home and fix it on my desktop. Also clumsy to use on mobile, even with mouse emulator

Then one of my players (Shyntree on these forums) pointed out that slides lets you set an immovable background image. I looked into it, and also found out Slides has a mobile app, so no more need for clumsy mouse emulators! And yeah, Slides has worked very well for me ever since.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.