Calvin Cross (Machiabelly)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 5, 2019 6:04 pm
High Aspect:
Tech nerd turned monster hunter

Trouble:
Paranoid

Aspects:
Remembers his humble beginnings
Social chameleon

Skills:
Burglary (+4), Crafts (+3), Lore (+3), Notice (+2) Resources (+2), Stealth (+2), Deceive (+1), Driving (+1),
Fighting (+1), Shooting (+1)

Stunts:
Always making useful things (craft) - You don’t ever have to spend a fate point to declare that you have the proper tools for a particular job using Crafts, even in extreme situations (like being imprisoned and separated from all your stuff). This source of opposition is just off the table.

Bricoleur (craft) - You are skilled at improvising when making or repairing something. +2 to Crafts when you creatively incorporate reused materials into your machine

Hacking (burglary) - +2 to attempts to bypass computer security or to find and retrieve hidden information online.

Physical Stress -
Mental Stress -
Consequences -
Fate points - 3

Background:
I never knew my parents. I grew up in the System. They treated me like shit. My only escape was the orphanage computer and tinkering with every piece of tech I could get my hands on.
When I was 13, I ran away from the orphanage and landed on the streets. As might be expected, I fell in with the wrong crowd. They saw my potential and I learned the fine art of burglary.

Once I figured things out, I started making the plans. My crew got rich off of my ability to think outside the box. Most of them spent their money on drugs, booze, and sex. I was different; I used it to improve my mind and my tech.

By the time I was 18, I had the best hacking rig that money could buy and had moved on to more subtle crimes. I learned how to break into financial systems and was smart enough to make incremental movements of resources that would never be noticed. I kept the money moving so it could not be traced back to me and skimmed just enough to live off of and to finance the evolution of my tech. I was satisfied with my life.

By the time I was 30, I had carved out a tidy niche for myself. I had enough money to live comfortably and support my obsession with technology.

That was until I found something weird on the Dark Web. It seemed to be definitive proof that monsters existed. There was an RL meeting. Something stirred in me. Despite my paranoia, this was too big to ignore. I had to know if what they said was true.

It was true. What I learned that night forever changed me. I started seeing monsters around every corner. Anyone could be working for them. I decided to do what I did best: use my mind. I started researching ways to fight the monsters. Then I cobbled together versions of weapons from spare parts. Oddly enough, they seemed to work.

I wanted to see if they worked against real monsters. I found a couple of self professed monster hunters and we got lucky, or unlucky, and took out a serial killer who drank his victim's blood.

I think the killer has some followers who got a hold of footage of the event. They think he was a real vampire and with some of the things I have seen...they could be right. I think they may be coming for me. The other two people who were with me on the hunt have gone silent.
Last edited August 5, 2019 6:07 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.