Need 1-2 for Sword & Sorcery PF Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 9, 2019 7:25 pm
Hey all, I've been running a game in the Sword & Sorcery genre - think Conan, Kull, 1001 Arabian Nights - for the past few months that's designed to be somewhat episodic in nature (as with the original pulp publications). I've had a few players drop out and am looking to replace with 1 to 2. We're using a customized version of Pathfinder that takes place in the Hyborian-like realm called the World of Xoth. Most of the rule changes are flavor, though there are separate races and classes.

Please note that I'm expecting any interested parties to at least have passing knowledge of the genre, but any who are interested, please post here and let me know!
Last edited August 9, 2019 7:29 pm
Aug 9, 2019 9:33 pm
I have read a fair amount of Conan and the first John Carter of Mars novel. Bal-Sagoth fan too, if you like pulp fantasy in your music. I'm not too well-versed in Pathfinder, but I have dabbled. I would like to jump in, but I may need a little guidance in learning the game as we go along, if that's not an issue. I can certainly read up on Xoth over the weekend as well.

I can usually post between two and five times a day, depending on my workload/family happenings and such. Do I fit your bill?
Aug 10, 2019 9:17 pm
Sounds perfect; i'll send you an invite. We're pretty heavy on the roleplay side, so thorough knowledge of the system is not too important (it's basically DnD anyway).
Aug 10, 2019 9:40 pm
Might I apply for the second spot? I've read Conan too (and seen Arnie of course, and Kevin Sorbo as Kull :) ). I like the grittier fantasy genre. I played a quite bit of Pathfinder, should be fine there.
Aug 11, 2019 9:29 pm
Awesome! Thanks, awsmack!
Aug 15, 2019 4:31 pm
Sorry for the delay here - work's been incredibly busy of late. I just accepted the two of you and have added a post on the OOC thread to get you guys up to speed.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.