Welcome New Players

Aug 17, 2019 9:01 pm
To our newest additions... I’ll use this thread to lay out some useful knowledge, game expectations and other tidbits about the game. However, I won’t be able to do much until this evening. So for now, please think about a character idea. The introduction of your character into the game will require some planning... we’ll work on that!
Aug 17, 2019 10:22 pm
If you read anything besides the campaign documents on Google docs, read this thread for what’s happened IC, in a nutshell:

https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/11093/
Aug 18, 2019 4:55 am
Some OOC expectations:

1. I expect a post a day, but it can be more than that from time to time. We're also pretty chatty on Discord. If you're going to be gone for a bit, no problem at all -- just let me know if you can. Weekends are usually slow and post expectations are looser.

2. There are moments of darkness in this game: this is a world that is falling apart in many ways. However, I don't do darkness just for the sake of darkness, and I am absolutely open to hearing from players if there's something that particularly bothers you and we'll find a way to work through it. I don't do rape or torture. Period.

3. I love love love player-side world building. There is a lot of room for PCs to develop world lore, and build their own stories. Even when there's something that doesn't quite fit with something I have established behind the screen, I'm usually willing to adapt to fit your ideas in.

4. We're sort of rules-light Pathfinder. Several of the PCs are new or inexperienced with Pathfinder, so I'm not a rules lawyer. The roleplay is far more important to me. We've been running combat via a grid system, but it's a system that is continually being optimized. More on that when combat comes up.

5. I encourage coordination between players. Whether that's backstories, or a future side plot, or whatever that might be. This is a collaborative effort, and I'm committed to that.
Aug 18, 2019 5:05 am
Some comments on IC events:

1. Please make sure you're passingly familiar with the world/setting document on Google Docs, linked in Player Resources.

2. There are additional things of interest in the Player Resources subforum. You're encouraged to familiarize yourself with them.

3. Archived RP threads/chapters are available in the subforum. There are a LOT of posts. Don't feel like you need to read them all.

4. Four of the original seven PCs are still in the game: Yelnar (chunky04; human fighter 2/hunter 1), Elora (somebox; human magus 2/witch 1), Ember (lavtodd; human sorceress 3), Verrian (moonbeam; Naucan -- homebrew variant half-elf -- unchained rogue 3). Three have left or are on extended hiatus, and you may see references to them: Krav, a human druid with the swarm monger archetype, Viani, an elf inquisitor, and Ephwrath, a dwarf Healing domain cleric of Occasa. One PC joined and left (Froak, a homebrew frog-man ranger), and one PC joined mid-way and is still with us: Willitan (machiabelly; halfling fighter 3).

5. Ask questions! I may not have an answer, but I'll try!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.