Visualize your characters!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 14, 2014 4:48 am
I'm happy to announce I have added character avatars to the character sheets!

Ok, so I've added a basic version of avatars. Its not neatly integrated into each character sheet like it should be; that'll happen eventually. But now, when you're editing your character sheet, you'll see a link towards the top right that'll bring up a popup, letting you set your avatar.

On top of that, when you're in a game forum, making a post, you'll now see you have the option to choose who you're posting as. If you have a character in the game, it'll give you the option of selecting that character (if you don't have any characters in the game, you won't see the option at all). If you DO post as a character, your character avatar will show up instead of your player's avatar, along with the character name. You'll be posting as your character! Over time, with some polling, I'll probably add some stats there too.

In addition to character avatars, I've made some fixes to user avatars, including allowing SVG files. I also made some other changes and fixes; unfortunately, I can't seem to remember what they were... hopefully nothing bad...

As always, let me know if you have any suggestions for how I can improve the system, or if you find any bugs!
Nov 14, 2014 6:26 am
Sounds like it'll be interesting and nice hopefully, have not tested it out yet :X
Nov 14, 2014 12:42 pm
A beautiful thing. Will test it asap
Nov 14, 2014 11:10 pm
Tried it out and made a test post in the Out of Character thread in the Waking Dreams Numenera forum. It shows the character name of Alex, but no picture.
Nov 16, 2014 3:27 pm
Great!

Instead of stats, you could just have the character name, when clicked, link you to the character sheet.
Nov 16, 2014 4:11 pm
Not sure about linking to the character sheet. May not want others to know everything on your sheet.
Nov 16, 2014 7:37 pm
i agree to a degree with you d20dad, if people don't meta then it's not an issue really. but even so, only you and the dm should know everything about you
Nov 16, 2014 7:39 pm
Actually, that was a mistake. It linked to your character sheet, but only you and a GM of your game have permission to view your character, so the link would have gone to a failed page anyway. i removed it so it only links if you have permission to view the character anyway. Bare in mind, if you have an active character in the character library, anyone can view it.
Nov 16, 2014 10:41 pm
From the GM perspective, a character sheet link (which it has!) is *exactly* what I would want (because it means I don't need 4 windows open when posting because I can reference the character sheet exactly when I need to with a single click). So good stuff!
Last edited November 16, 2014 10:41 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.