Legend of the Five Rings 5e, LFP: Disaster Strikes

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 18, 2019 11:44 pm
When disaster strikes Rokugan, the players will need to serve both clan and empire, two entities whose goals are not always compatible.

The PCs will serve the Emerald Magistrate. An empire wide disaster will grab the attention of their master, the Emerald Magistrate. Seeking to investigate the cause of the turmoil and suppress the chaos that follows, the PCs find themselves at court, seeking both answers and allies for the coming period of strife.

Can you balance duty to clan and empire?

I have one player, and I'm looking for at the most three more players. If I am unfamiliar with you as a player, there may be a brief PM interview process to make sure that we have the same expectations.

Other Expectations
As a political game, the party will occasionally be split, and asymmetric posting may occur in such times. Daily posting will be the norm.

PCs will be expected to be from disparate major clans, although minor clans will also be accepted with a solid pitch.

GamersPlane doesn't have a fully functional L5R 5e dice roller yet, but players will have the option of rolling d6s/d12s and interpreting the results, or using the diceroller on our Discord chat server.

Rokugan is too big to fully encapsulate in this type of game commitment. As such, loyalty to the lore will be sacrificed where necessary to facilitate the game not grinding to a research-fueled crawl.

Timeline will be standard as per the L5R 5e rulebook, circa 1123.
Aug 19, 2019 1:03 pm
I'd play if you need one more.
Aug 19, 2019 2:07 pm
https://discord.gg/NXmwvjt

The discord server
Aug 19, 2019 2:14 pm
Awesome, that's enough to launch. I started the game and invited you three. I'll can accept up to one more.
Aug 19, 2019 2:15 pm
I didn't get the invite through but I accepted on the game page (here if anyone else needs it)
Nov 12, 2019 5:03 pm
We've had a player leave, and I would like one or two new players. The game is headed toward the empire capital, Otosan Uchi, and will become more political RP intensive, but what's intrigue without the flash of blades in the night?
Nov 12, 2019 5:55 pm
Cool. Do you have any familiarity with the L5R setting, Rokugan?
Nov 12, 2019 6:30 pm
not really but fantasy Japanese culture sign me up.
Nov 12, 2019 6:32 pm
If you want another, I'm up for it. I don't have familiarity with the setting but I can learn quick
Nov 13, 2019 1:18 am
Thanks for the interest posts! I'll discuss with my players before sending invites.
Nov 14, 2019 3:07 am
Thank you for the interest. The game has been filled and invitations sent.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.