How to Choose Players For A Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 21, 2019 7:27 pm
Hello all, last night I opened a game for D&D asking for 1 or 2 players. I've already gotten a bunch of submissions. So how are you supposed to figure out who to accept? Thus far, I've just sent PMs asking some basic questions since it's hard to glean information about a person from just clicking on their profile.

Also, when you click 'Approve' on the Game Detail page, does that automatically add the person to the game? And if so, is there a hard limit set by the 'Number of Players' field?
Aug 21, 2019 7:41 pm
There are no rules. It is completely normal to interview and select from multiple applicants, there is no "dibs" rule.
Quote:
Also, when you click 'Approve' on the Game Detail page, does that automatically add the person to the game? And if so, is there a hard limit set by the 'Number of Players' field?
Yes to the first part. There is no hard limit, but once the number of players in the game exceeds your recommended number, then people will no longer be able to apply to the game (you will be able to invite them and that will work fine, even when you're exceeding that limit). If you want to increase it so more people can apply, go to the Game Details page and you can edit the details.
Aug 21, 2019 10:10 pm
GMs talk on the discord. If a player is known to drop games without warnings, it will be discussed on the discord... ;)
Aug 21, 2019 11:07 pm
Okay, thanks. What's the discord server?
Aug 21, 2019 11:57 pm
I think knowing which players to accept is a bit of a gamble, but over time you get to know who the dependable players are. I think consistency is by far any player's greatest asset on this site. Some players are great writers and make great characters, but don't stick around. Some maybe don't have the most flare as writers, but they're dependable, and I'd much rather have those as a DM. Heck I'd even take players that aren't very familiar with the rules on the basis that they'll be consistent.
Last edited August 21, 2019 11:59 pm
Aug 22, 2019 12:48 am
ReliantLion says:
Okay, thanks. What's the discord server?
There's a thread Your text to link here... about it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.