Application to a game allows access to the forum

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 1, 2015 6:57 pm
I had applied, but not been accepted, to a D&D5 game. I noticed that I have read-access to that game's forum, even though I am not a part of it. Is this intended?

For the record, the game is full, but I had not withdrawn my application. I assume when I do so, access to the forum would be revoked. I just wanted to know if I shouldn't have had access to begin with.
Dec 1, 2015 6:59 pm
It shouldn't have and I can't actually see in the code why it would have given you access. I'll have to take a deep look into it.
Dec 1, 2015 7:21 pm
Yes, I've seen the same behavior in a game I've applied to join, and the game's forum appears in my forums list. The game has been dormant for months now, as the GM has disappeared. I've not withdrawn out of a faint hope that the GM will return and approve me at some point.
Dec 2, 2015 3:05 am
Don't we all have read access to games that are public?
Dec 2, 2015 3:12 am
True, but if you toggle public forums "off" (ie only show games you're active in), such games still appear. It's like once you've applied, you are considered to be a player in that game, even if the GM hasn't accepted you.

As an example, your Birodalom game always shows up in my list even though I'm not a player, and I have toggled the forums to not show public games.
Dec 2, 2015 4:38 am
I think i fixed it. It's actually working as coded, though I guess slightly unintentionally.
Dec 2, 2015 5:14 am
Seems to be fixed. I don't see the forums for applied-to games now. Thanks!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.