Fallout Classic RPG

Sep 8, 2019 7:38 pm
Okay, so maybe it's not super classic, as it's incorporating ideas from the original Fallout up to New Vegas, but I've been trying to develop a system for it that's loosely based upon Call of Cthulhu, with aspects that have been prevalent in the games such as skill points and how they modify percentile chances. Is this something that people might be interested in? Are there any ideas on how it may be modified?

Discuss!
Sep 8, 2019 7:47 pm
I don't know how to do anything to do with making games but i'd be interested in playing, if it were made.
Sep 8, 2019 7:50 pm
I don't know much about Fallout, since I've only played a bit of Fallout 4 and an even smaller bit of Fallout 3 but I'm always interested in game design.

If you want to bounce ideas off of someone and don't care that I have no idea about the video games, I'm available
Sep 8, 2019 8:07 pm
Mm, that will be rough using CoC since I don't really know if it can handle combat where a knife is as likely to be involved as handheld nukes. If you don't want to use the Fallout tabletop that's supposed to be out next year I would recommend adapting Feng Shui 1st edition. You take out Sorcery, Transformed Animals and Chi based Kung Fu powers and you're mostly set already.
Last edited September 8, 2019 8:07 pm
Sep 8, 2019 8:24 pm
Mm. I want to keep the percentiles since they're related directly to fallout, but I'm omitting the sanity. I'm also adapting the Action Point combat system prevalent in the earlier games, giving a variable to how much you can do in a turn based on your agility.

Link to current rulebook. (WARNING, EXTREME WORK IN PROGRESS)
Last edited September 8, 2019 8:27 pm
Sep 9, 2019 4:12 pm
what if there were a modern gurps adaptation for that?
Oct 2, 2019 8:15 pm
You might want to take a look at THIS as well. I've run it a few times and it works well.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.