Session 0

Sep 12, 2019 4:27 pm
Hey, thanks for wanting to join this game. I get that learning a new system is hard but you can mostly skip over the setting (apart from the beginning bit about what Lancers are) so that cuts down most of it.

I wanted to ask what you guys, gals and other various groups wanted out of this.
Sep 12, 2019 4:33 pm
I have two goals: Learn a new system, help a new GM learn the craft, and...

Three, I have three goals: Learn a new system, help a new GM learn the craft, and have fun, and eng-

Amoungst my goals are such diverse elements as: Learn a new system, help a new GM learn the craft, and have fun, and engage in exploring my lifelong love of mechs.
Sep 12, 2019 6:16 pm
Obviously, some giant robot action!

But more seriously, I tend to be a more action-adventure sort of player, and not too big on the social intrigue end of things. Gimme plenty of awesome things to do, and I'll be a happy camper!
Sep 12, 2019 6:19 pm
okey! Will do!
Sep 12, 2019 6:20 pm
This is obviously military themed (you ARE Lancers, after all)
Sep 12, 2019 6:42 pm
I am also pretty excited for some giant robot action. I am kind of the opposite of Yamazaki, however. I enjoy the story-telling and dramatic tension of more social games... but I am pretty stoked for the giant metal monstrosities with big guns.
What I really want from this is to learn a new system, and to explore a genre which I usually stay away from when writing or playing (Sci-fi). Oh, and of course, have some fun.
Sep 13, 2019 11:57 am
I’m with DarkReaver, obviously excited to get in a mech, but more into the social side of the game especially on PBP. Super excited for a new system, and getting out of my "fantasy" comfort zone with writing and playing.
Last edited September 13, 2019 12:01 pm
Sep 13, 2019 12:00 pm
I'm not fussy! I really like social/narrative-focused games but I'm in a lot of those already so I wouldn't mind a change of pace either

Honestly, the game looks like a lot of fun. I'm sure it will be awesome however you decide to run it :D
Sep 13, 2019 1:11 pm
I have no problems with some social drama, it's heavy-duty intrigue and social/political scheming that's beyond my writing and role-playing expertise. I'm pretty terrible as a face (I tend to overthink it).

Regardless, as long as I get some giant robot action, I'll be happy. LOL
Sep 13, 2019 1:21 pm
Haha. I feel that some social drama to start that lends importance to the impending mech action might be just the ticket.
Sep 13, 2019 3:46 pm
So keep internal threats to a minimum and external threats to the max and to keep them mostly mech based.
Sep 13, 2019 3:53 pm
Don’t forget @Mel, you’re a player in this too. What do you want to see? Cuz what you enjoy and are confident with will make for the most fun all around.
Sep 13, 2019 4:00 pm
Pffft, confidence. Such an alien concept.
Sep 13, 2019 4:00 pm
I mean fair enough, but seriously what are you looking for?
Sep 13, 2019 4:18 pm
I don't know. I have some basic concept kinda.
Sep 13, 2019 4:43 pm
Mysterious assault on an outpost? Who is attacking? Why? Unknowns to start, but perhaps we learn something during the battle that grows the stakes.
Sep 13, 2019 4:45 pm
That's close but not quite close enough for me to disclose currently (not because I don't want to give my idea without a little more thought, totally...where would you get that idea?)
Sep 13, 2019 4:46 pm
Well we can turn this conversation to a session 0 character convo too. Any opening thoughts Qralloq?
Sep 13, 2019 4:49 pm
Oh, just to say, you are military, you are new lancers, licence level 0 (meaning you haven't had a mission yet) but you may have been military before hand or a civilian that showed particular aptitude for becoming a lancer. You have just passed training and assigned to a squad.
Sep 13, 2019 5:11 pm
I need to read the book more to begin discussing a character.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.