September 27, 1926

Sep 15, 2019 1:19 am
Santouche sent a note to The_Librarian,Cheesy_Nacho
Sep 15, 2019 1:14 pm
(rolling

EDIT: I WILL SPWND 2 LUCK to succeed. adjusting my sheet)
Last edited September 15, 2019 1:15 pm

Rolls

pow (60) - (1d100)

(32) = 32

Sep 15, 2019 9:33 pm
POW (60) hard (30)
OOC:
bugger what's the consequences of pushing the roll?
Last edited September 16, 2019 10:20 am

Rolls

Hard POW (30) - (1D100)

(94) = 94

Sep 16, 2019 2:42 pm
OOC:
Can't push this roll, sorry. Not a skill test.
Caden and Eric watch the sun rise through the window of Widow Hawkins' shack after a sleepless night, but as the Miskatonic Valley is cast in the golden morning light, something else dawns on the investigators - even after the night's stressful events, and their failure to return to sleep, both men feel refreshed and ready to go.

Santouche sent a note to Cheesy_Nacho
OOC:
What do you do?
Sep 16, 2019 3:33 pm
"I don’t know about you Caden but I feel energised and ready to tackle whoever or whatever had abducted our good friends. I think we should arm ourselves and head into the woods and scour them, I’m sure the answer lays in there. I pick up the Tommy Gun and with a beaming grin towards Caden make a move towards the door.
Sep 16, 2019 6:12 pm
OOC:
Totally fine to head off to the woods if that's what you wanna do, but just wanna run down what other leads you have in
Blackwater Creek:
-Prof. Roades' dig site;
-The Jarvey farm, where the Roades expedition spent a night;
-The Carmody farm;
-The kids outside the general store told you they collected the water with the weird stuff in it from "the creek, just uphill of the new dam".

I think that's it for now. There's also plenty to still check out in the general environs as well. Not trying to push you in any particular way, just want to make sure that stuff isn't forgotten about.
Sep 16, 2019 6:24 pm
Just as Eric is about to put his hand on the door to open it and march out into the town square, there's a knock on it from the outside.
Sep 16, 2019 6:57 pm
Turn and look at Caden "Who could that be?". Fingers on the trigger I call out "Who's there!"
Sep 16, 2019 9:11 pm
He clears his voice slightly before speaking, "Linus Winters, Boston Evening Transcript. I was wondering if I might have a few words with you." The voice is loud and confident. He's obviously comfortable making unsolicited calls on others.
Last edited September 16, 2019 9:13 pm
Sep 16, 2019 9:40 pm
The widow isn't home. hisn hand goes to his gun
Sep 16, 2019 10:31 pm
OOC:
Just to clarify, are we in Blackwater Creek currently?
Sep 16, 2019 10:58 pm
OOC:
Yes! Sorry if that wasn't clear. It's a tiny village about 80 miles west of Boston in the Miskatonic Valley. The largest population center near by is the also-small town of Dunwich.
Sep 17, 2019 12:16 pm
I whisper to Caden "You cover and I'll open the door.". I nod to Caden and pull the door wide open.
Sep 17, 2019 3:26 pm
Santouche sent a note to awsmack
Santouche sent a note to The_Librarian,Cheesy_Nacho
Sep 17, 2019 4:33 pm
Thank you, sir," Linus says with a smile as the door swings wide. Then, noticing the tommy gun, he raises his hands in a mock surrender pose and jokingly pleads, "Don't shoot!" with a broad grin. "May I?" he asks politely, motioning to a chair as he makes his way through the door without waiting for an answer.
Last edited September 17, 2019 4:34 pm
Sep 17, 2019 8:01 pm
Pointing to the chair with the Tommy gun "Come in. Who may you be and what are you doing in Blackwater?"
Sep 18, 2019 1:11 am
Linus sits in the chair he motioned to and produces a notepad and pencil from his breast pocket. He flips over a couple of pages before glancing up at Eric, "I'm here investigating a distilling operation that supposedly has ties to this sleepy village. But that in and of itself is not that interesting. What is interesting is why Blackwater Creek of all places? I've heard rumors about the water, or maybe something even more nefarious," he adds ominously and looks at the two men somewhat expectantly. Then clearing his throat, he composes himself, "Anyway, the villagers told me about some other out-of-towners visiting; seems I'm not the only interloper here!" he pauses for a moment to gauge their reactions. "And, well, I thought I'd see what brought you here and whether you could provide any useful information. There's something strange about this place, and I'm guessing that's what's brought you here as well.""
Last edited September 18, 2019 1:14 am
Sep 18, 2019 11:07 am
I look at Caden then back to Linus, the tension in my arm eases and the Tommy Gun hangs by my side. "I'm Eric Fulbright and this is my friend Caden Willett. We've been sent here by the University to find and bring home a missing Professor and his wife who were here on an archaeological dig. We've run into a heap of weirdness here and our two other friends Frank and the Prof have just disappeared, so you will understand our caution. Your welcome to join us, but I'm warning you now there may be trouble ahead. If your on the trail of bootleggers then my guess is that the Carmody Brothers are behind it. We have a rough map given to us by a local called Dick Sprouston.
OOC:
The map is in the handouts file in the forum
He's very friendly and free handed with his whiskey, but I'm losing trust in him and suspect he must be involved somehow. So are you interested in helping? I guess there is a doozy of a story for you to print."
Last edited September 18, 2019 11:07 am
Sep 18, 2019 11:28 am
I hope the whiskey didn't have any of that creek water in it....shudders and tries to inspect his tongue for boils
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.