Using cards instead of dice

Sep 25, 2019 5:46 am
I'm about to start running a game that decide the outcome of conflicts with cards. The player will get a certain number of cards, and the GM gets a certain number. Sometimes, one or two other players might be involved, also receiving a card or two.

For some reason, I had proceeded on the assumption that this would work just like the dice roller - that I could change the settings or something and the game would provide a card dealer instead of a dice roller. But it appears that the card dealer tool can only be seen by the person using the tool, rather than the dealt cards being embedded in the post for all to see.

Am I correct in this assessment?
Last edited September 25, 2019 5:47 am
Sep 25, 2019 6:26 am
I think there's an extra step on the game details page (deck -> actions -> little wheel -> allow access) where you need to define who can pick cards from which deck.

The cards are then dealt facing down and the players will have to reveal them, but as far as I can tell, they will be stuck in the post they were drawn (like dice rolls), so keeping track of your hand may be tricky (the GM doesn't see the cards as well)
Last edited September 25, 2019 6:26 am
Sep 25, 2019 5:58 pm
Perfect! Thanks for the instructions, CESN. They worked beautifully.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.