Question: reusing NPCs?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 8, 2015 5:18 pm
I'm creating a bunch of NPCs in my D&D5 game, which is intended as a one-shot, but part of a series of one-shots set in the same world. I'm not ready to start the next game in the series, but I am thinking about it. As I think about it, I wonder:
Can I use NPCs in multiple games using the same system?

Or are my choices limited to:
a) removing an NPC from one game and then adding it to another,

or

b) creating multiple instances of a given NPC, one for each game?
Dec 8, 2015 5:33 pm
Right now, its one per game, but NPCs should be allowed in multiple games. It makes sense.

I'll have to think of new logic to allow that.
Dec 8, 2015 7:11 pm
While we are making requests, I'd like it if my character database was group first by type (so characters in a section at the top, then npcs separately below). As it is, I don't create as many npcs as I would because it will clutter my character database and make it harder for me to find my actual characters when I want o reference them for games I'm in.
Dec 8, 2015 7:28 pm
Candi says:
While we are making requests, I'd like it if my character database was group first by type (so characters in a section at the top, then npcs separately below). As it is, I don't create as many npcs as I would because it will clutter my character database and make it harder for me to find my actual characters when I want o reference them for games I'm in.
Agreed! And the ability to move characters to retirement status, instead of just deleting them. I don't want them cluttering up my page, but I don't want to totally remove them.
Dec 8, 2015 7:52 pm
*Rohit reconsiders his feature request policy...*
Dec 8, 2015 7:59 pm
Keleth says:
*Rohit reconsiders his feature request policy...*
You need a team of web designers! If I knew anything about it, I would totally volunteer. Just take it as a sign that people love GP and want to see it improve :)
Dec 8, 2015 8:08 pm
Had I the time to learn Angular, I'd totally volunteer. But I only know a bit of PHP, Perl, and Python.
Dec 9, 2015 3:17 am
I know Photoshop, HMTL 5, CSS 3, and enough about programming to at least have input. I don't know Angular though. I am more of an interface/design guy then a coder at this point. I can volunteer a little time, if you need some help with something I would be happy to at least try and help.

ON-TOPIC: I agree with a separation of some kinds as well. Sorry Keleth. :)
Last edited December 9, 2015 3:21 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.