Temporary reveal of private information

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 27, 2019 3:06 pm
I saw a user I wasn't familiar with in a game, so I clicked their tag. Briefly, when their gamer page came up, it revealed that they were female for a second (below the join date), then that disappeared.

I know there is a checkbox by the gender tag to "Don't Display". I assume that that information disappeared because they checked that, but the issue is that it was revealed briefly.

That doesn't sound optimal.

Qralloq sent a note to Keleth
Last edited September 27, 2019 3:06 pm
Sep 27, 2019 3:21 pm
From my experience, that happens when loading the page during which time everybody seems to be female (the default I assume). Can you test other gamers?
Sep 27, 2019 3:22 pm
Yeah. I get the same thing briefly for everyone, even males whose gender is not blocked will briefly show as female and have the same date of joining.
Sep 27, 2019 3:40 pm
Youre right, CESN, it is the weird screen load default.
Sep 27, 2019 3:51 pm
Yaaaaah... this is a suboptimal solution to bad code. According to the code, everyone is female until they're male! Of course, the gender thing should be removed over all, or modified to be more accurate. Hell, I don't even know why I added that; it doesn't make ANY difference at all.
Sep 27, 2019 3:55 pm
I noticed this a while ago. Happens to everyone.
Sep 29, 2019 5:52 pm
Keleth says:
Yaaaaah... this is a suboptimal solution to bad code. According to the code, everyone is female until they're male! Of course, the gender thing should be removed over all, or modified to be more accurate. Hell, I don't even know why I added that; it doesn't make ANY difference at all.
Because some people care about broadcasting who/what they are?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.