Why I can't use Bold or color...

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 14, 2019 10:39 am
I used bold and color on my character. but now it will not do it. I mark it. save it and it is gone. just like I didn't do it. Character looks messy when I can't use bold or color.

This is on a Custom Character account.
Oct 14, 2019 10:46 am
I had the same problem with all sort of tags :(
Didn’t really find a solution, assumed it was some sort of tag conflict and then completely forgot about it.
I agree that Organising custom character sheets would be much easier if this worked as intended (including allowing spoiler tags)
Oct 14, 2019 10:51 am
I've just checked on one of my custom characters and all of the tags are working fine for me.
Oct 14, 2019 10:53 am
Bold, italics and underline and that stuff works fine for me on sheets but spoilers and quotes don't, which is also a shame as it would make Custom Sheets easier to format
Oct 14, 2019 11:04 am
While this is not a perfect solution, I've found that manually typing in the formatting tags rather than using the buttons is a good workaround.

Haven't tried that with quotes and spoilers though.
Last edited October 14, 2019 11:05 am
Oct 14, 2019 11:26 am
I only noticed this issue when there were a lot of tags. maybe something crashes when there are too many?
Oct 14, 2019 11:33 am
I usually just use Ctrl+B or Ctrl+I and that also works. I'll try adding a spoiler manually when I get home. That's an interesting suggestion
Oct 14, 2019 11:36 am
I use this character as a template for any L5R characters I do:

https://gamersplane.com/characters/custom/9578/

It's pretty heavy on the tags
Oct 14, 2019 12:47 pm
this just happened to me (on safari) and jabes's suggestion of adding the [b] manually did work
Oct 14, 2019 3:01 pm
Yes. Doing the tags manually does work. I can now use bold as well as color. Perhaps the point that it is a lot of type there that is causing the failure.
Oct 17, 2019 3:57 am
The package that runs the formatting is pretty old at this point and may have bugs. Sorry...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.