Same issue of becoming GM

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 17, 2019 8:38 am
Hello, I know that there is already a thread about a similar topic. But since there is no response after my post, I'm going to put up a new thread in hopes of someone giving me advice.

If I shouldn't have made another thread of the same topic, then I'll delete this one.
Last edited October 17, 2019 8:41 am
Oct 17, 2019 8:40 am
This is the game I am in.

With the GM gone, I propose to be the GM, but I don't the rights of the GM, so there are issues like not being able to accept new players. Please let me know what to about it.
Oct 17, 2019 8:45 am
You should post the link to the game that this is about in your post here as well for easy reference.
Keleth made me GM after I posted that other thread but I am not forum admin for that game yet and I can't edit the game details either.
The latter isn't a problem (although it would be great if I could allow more character sheets for the players) but the former means that by now the forums have turned into a bit of a mess since I can't really organize them.

Sorry for hijacking this post but this question is also still relevant to me ':D
Keleth, if you see this and have some time, could you give me the forum admin rights for this game?
Last edited October 17, 2019 8:45 am
Oct 17, 2019 8:51 am
The alternative would be to open a new game so you start out with GM rights but I am hesitant to do that because that would make referencing old posts more cumbersome. If this doesn't work, I might have to do that at some point, however.
Oct 17, 2019 7:37 pm
Sorry, the last few weeks have been very stressful, and I've been dropping the ball a lot. I'll try to address all these come Monday, since I'll be home all the time then (trouble at work -> unemployed for the time being).
Oct 17, 2019 8:52 pm
Keleth says:
Sorry, the last few weeks have been very stressful, and I've been dropping the ball a lot. I'll try to address all these come Monday, since I'll be home all the time then (trouble at work -> unemployed for the time being).
Ack! Sorry to hear this, Keleth! Don't they know who the f*&##^ you are? :}
Oct 18, 2019 3:39 am
Thank you Keleth, and take care!
Oct 21, 2019 1:05 pm
so... I'm also a GM and I actually made the game (it wasn't adopted) but I too suffer from similar experiences... It seems my teenager game is refusing my editing suggestions and insists on keeping its own descriptions and name :( I don't know if it is just a phase the game is going through or if I did something wrong... I talked with my GMing partner and it's the same. Nothing we do seems to work.
Last edited October 21, 2019 1:09 pm
Oct 21, 2019 4:44 pm
I don't know what you're trying to add, but does it include special characters or code? Sometimes these don't play well with the Game Details page; try plain text and see if those changes are saved.
Oct 21, 2019 4:52 pm
I've been having the same issue as CESN with all of my games - the edits to description and name didn't save, be it plain text, symbols or just deleting already set text. The number values didn't save as well. The only thing that did save was changing posts frequency from "week" to "day". (The page you make edits on didn't switch to the game details on pressing save, too.)

It did save after I edited all fields, then added a new sheet type, then saved.
Edit: I re-tested it, and adding a new sheet helps consistently with my games (even if you need to delete one, then add one).
Last edited October 21, 2019 4:57 pm
Oct 21, 2019 4:59 pm
CancerMan says:
I don't know what you're trying to add, but does it include special characters or code? Sometimes these don't play well with the Game Details page; try plain text and see if those changes are saved.
Naaa I just tried 3 post per day and naming it The horror ;)

Flying’s sorcery did the trick though!!
Last edited October 21, 2019 5:04 pm
Oct 21, 2019 5:07 pm
I just tried her trick on my game and it didn't work. Might be because I'm not the real GM
Oct 21, 2019 5:10 pm
Well, magic is for reals ;)
Oct 21, 2019 5:48 pm
A small follow up: I did more experimenting, and scratch my previous thought - it's not exactly consistent. It appears that at least for me, the sheet method* helps with text fields, but only sometimes works with numbers. And it's kinda strange, too: I had a lot of problems trying to get the game down to 1 player - while getting to 2, then 3, then 2 all worked well.
I wonder what causes this issue.

*apparently, switching "week" to "day" after other edits also sometimes works, so maybe it's just lists in general that help.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.