Want to learn Vampire:The Masquerade 2E

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 22, 2019 6:27 pm
I've had the humble bundle for a while now, but I'm so used to a concrete system that this just seems confusing for me. Anyone out there willing to teach me how to play?
Oct 22, 2019 7:05 pm
I'd be happy to chat with you about it, if that'd help? Like, do you have some specific things that throw you for a loop?

My guess would be like Backgrounds and reconciling what a "dot" means or is worth? Maybe even just what a VTM game "should" be about?

The thing is, VTM2E is actually still a deeply traditional RPG. Very mechanics driven, actually very "concrete" to use your term, despite it's insistence that it wants to focus on the story and roleplay over roll-play. It's just less granular than a d20 (which is what I have to assume you're used to), and so on it's face appears to be "zoomed out" from the dice.

What troubles ya?
Oct 22, 2019 7:56 pm
I think its just how I've come to learn TTRPG's. It's hard for me to sit down and read the whole book, so usually what will happen is I learn from experience then use the book as reference if I ever forget anything, and i just haven't had that experience.
Oct 22, 2019 8:05 pm
That's fair. I hope you find someone that can help you out!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.