I Can Not Edit Details For A Game I Am GM For

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 25, 2019 4:38 pm
So, this is a returning issue, but The old thread is lost in time. I can get to the edit page for the forum splash, but it will not save.
Oct 25, 2019 4:42 pm
Found your original thread on page 3. Here is a link.

Oops, beat me to it. :-)
Last edited October 25, 2019 4:42 pm
Oct 25, 2019 5:44 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Found your original thread on page 3. Here is a link.

Oops, beat me to it. :-)
Thanks Anyway!
Oct 25, 2019 10:41 pm
Out of interest, how many max players and characters per player are in your game?

I've discovered that with one of my games, it didn't save untill I edited all of the number fields in one go (posting rate, characters, players). It's strange, but it actualy helped, so maybe it'll work for you too?
Last edited October 25, 2019 10:42 pm
Oct 26, 2019 3:41 am
All of them you say...
Edit: nope, thanks though.
1/day
2 players 2 characters.
Oct 26, 2019 4:11 am
This is a very strange glitch. D:
Have you tried editing it to different values? The only common thread between it in all of my games right now is that I can't input 1 as number of player - if I edit it, nothing saves and page doesn't reload, but if it's any other number, it works fine.

I also noticed that when I load the edit page, in a period between it being opened and completely loaded, it displays pre-written number values (1-2-1 for me, I believe it's the initial settings of my oldest game). Have you noticed anything like this?
Oct 26, 2019 5:30 am
It seems to load the numbers I put in. But won't change them.
Oct 26, 2019 7:34 am
It looks like it's some global error with editing of game details.

I tried to test how badly it's broken, and managed to delete all allowed sheet types from a game (which, I believe, shouldn't be possible, according to the code) and then save it, and now I also can have two games with the same name.

I tried to look through the code for it, but my understanding of it is not enough to find the problem. I guess we'll have to wait until Keleth can solve it.
Last edited October 26, 2019 7:35 am
Oct 26, 2019 6:20 pm
That is... kind of amazing tbh. What language are you using?
Oct 26, 2019 8:01 pm
I'm not an expert, but I believe the site is running primarily on JavaScript (well, and HTML). You can use Inspect Element function in most browsers to see the code of particular elements, if you're curious to check it out for yourself. XD
And it's also on GitHub (not sure if it's up to date)!
Last edited October 26, 2019 8:03 pm
Jan 17, 2021 1:52 am
Just a bump that this continues to be an issue. It's not insurmountable, but things do change and editing the game details would be great.

As before, the save button simply fails to do anything, regardless of what I've changed in a relatively new game. (Have had some success editing an old game.)
Jan 18, 2021 4:43 pm
Oh, I didn't even notice this thread the first time around. Thanks for bringing it up, I'll make sure this is towards the top of my list.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.