Interest Check: Dark Sun D&D 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 26, 2019 2:47 pm
Im interested. What’s Dark Sun btw?!
Oct 26, 2019 3:09 pm
Dark Sun is a classic AD&D setting. While Greyhawk is the earliest, and Forgotten Realms arguably the most popular, Dark Sun holds a spot of nostalgia for being a post-apocalyptic world, no deities, low magic (that literally destroys the world), and psionics.
Oct 26, 2019 3:14 pm
SJoyner72 says:
Im interested. What’s Dark Sun btw?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaTriBbAQFQ
Oct 26, 2019 4:21 pm
BedzoneII says:
Dark Sun is a classic AD&D setting. While Greyhawk is the earliest, and Forgotten Realms arguably the most popular, Dark Sun holds a spot of nostalgia for being a post-apocalyptic world, no deities, low magic (that literally destroys the world), and psionics.
Sounds awesome! I have an idea for a character I’d like to play.
Oct 26, 2019 9:42 pm
I have to add, that I have played Road to Urik some years ago

https://mgreis.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/17181.jpg
Oct 26, 2019 9:58 pm
Looked like fun. I never have really gotten to play Dark Sun. Every time I get into a game, it ends before I really get started.
Oct 28, 2019 9:19 am
In AD&D Darksun was so deadly that starting level was 3 and stats were rolled with 6d4 instead of 3d6, just to give some survivability. Yet I still managed to kill my first character with a freak psychic roll.
"Meditating to death" kind of became my thing in our games :(
Oct 28, 2019 9:26 am
Quote:
"Meditating to death" kind of became my thing in our games
That feeling when you become so spiritually enlightened, you just shed your mortal coil
Oct 28, 2019 9:59 am
Oh why didn't I think of that!? :D
Oct 28, 2019 10:29 am
runekyndig says:
In AD&D Darksun was so deadly that starting level was 3 and stats were rolled with 6d4 instead of 3d6, just to give some survivability. Yet I still managed to kill my first character with a freak psychic roll.
"Meditating to death" kind of became my thing in our games :(
Dark Sun character stats were 5-20, rather than 3-18, so the original rolling method was 4d4+4 n order, and other options included 5d4 twice for each stat, keeping the higher, or even 6d4 dropping the lowest die.
Oct 28, 2019 10:36 am
I thought I might have to keep this thread up for a week, but I already have 10-11 of you prepared to play, and ideally I can only run 6-7, maybe 8 max. I'm going to have to pick, and I'll be basing it on my honestly arbitrary assessment of who's been going on and on about Dark Sun for the longest time on these forums.

Will be sending out invites today. Thanks for the interest everyone!

(And in case any one is interested to rave on these forums to catch my attention as I plan my next D&D game, it's going to Planescape.)
Oct 28, 2019 10:46 am
BedzoneII says:
(And in case any one is interested to rave on these forums to catch my attention as I plan my next D&D game, it's going to Planescape.)
Are you planning a planescape game aswell? The planescape setting was my first love. Have played Planescape Torment seleval times. I still think its is still the best rpg game out there. Closely followed by Witcher 3

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RY7ykvP3A2I/WYc5ysvyopI/AAAAAAAAM7o/KDt6nIp2qf8wlLlZ_YJq8dUIxSGwkQk8wCLcBGAs/s1600/DX_ProductAssets_Beamdog_HomeProductCarousel.jpg
Oct 28, 2019 10:56 am
Yes, count me in as well for that! I always have a plan escape. I mean escape plan :p
Oct 28, 2019 11:07 am
Aaaaand we have two interested in Planescape already. Noted for future reference!
Oct 28, 2019 11:16 am
Nah, I don't know anything about planescape. I just wanted to make a dumb joke about the name xD
Oct 28, 2019 11:20 am
bowlofspinach says:
Nah, I don't know anything about planescape. I just wanted to make a dumb joke about the name xD
XD XD

You do not have permission to post in this thread.