INTEREST CHECK: Strange Aeons

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 7, 2019 8:53 am
In a distant land polluted by an alien menace from beyond the stars, a great cancer grows within the earth. As its tendrils reach out through the dreams of those who learn and study its existence, a sinister cult grows more active in preparing the way for a devastation that will destroy more than the minds of would-be heroes. Can the adventures reclaim lost memories in time to stop the advance of a cataclysmic contagion that could threaten all of Golarion? Can they resist the mind-shattering truths revealed by the Yellow Sign, and the monstrous force it symbolizes? The Strange Aeons Adventure Path pits the heroes against the cosmic horrors of the Cthulhu Mythos, with new monsters, mind-shattering terrors, and explorations far beyond the known lands of Golarion.

So... I've recently started a single player run for Pathfinder's Strange Aeons and I think it will be easy to double that and open the same game for a multiplayer party. bowlofspinach will be co-GMing the game to make up for my lack of experience. In addition, we'lI would be running this adventure with a fairly different (simplified I hope) system :D

Anyone interested (and with time) to try some mind-bending heroic cosmic "horror"? (and playtest)

NOTE: you start without memories so we can either start with "blank generic PCs" or convert them from PF sheets, but not background is really really required.
Last edited November 7, 2019 10:57 am
Nov 7, 2019 1:05 pm
What system are you using ?

Amnesiac heroes sounds cool
Nov 7, 2019 1:21 pm
It's a homebrew, skill based 2D6 with random chance of leveling up skills every time you use them
Nov 7, 2019 9:02 pm
I don't want to play (I'm already struggling lately), but I do want to say that this adventure is REALLY cool!
Nov 8, 2019 10:29 am
Thanks Naatkinson, a shame you're busy (I know how difficult it is to resist the urge to join games :D )
Getting some players is a good excuse to actually finish reading those AF books. I'm very curious about the details as it looks very different from the "usual PF/DnD" sort of thing
OOC:
Hi Cosmic_cube! The system will be as similar to PF as possible (to keep the player's familiarity) and the most important thing to know is that you roll a 2d6 for everything :D how difficult can that be, right bowl? ;)
Last edited November 8, 2019 10:29 am
Nov 8, 2019 3:34 pm
btw, new players are fully welcomed :)
Nov 8, 2019 4:19 pm
I could give it a shot, as I said I am kind of interested in the characters having amnesia, do they forget all their abilities ?
Nov 8, 2019 5:29 pm
They surely would if we go with "blank generic PCs"
Nov 8, 2019 5:30 pm
I will give it a shot
Nov 8, 2019 5:37 pm
Invite sent. I haven't posted anything yet (or that least not that would should see ;) )
I'll wait the weekend to see if anyone else would like to join and then post on Monday :D
Nov 8, 2019 7:00 pm
This sounds very interesting... but I'm not sure if I should take on any more games. :(
Nov 8, 2019 7:24 pm
CESN says:
Thanks Naatkinson, a shame you're busy (I know how difficult it is to resist the urge to join games :D )
Getting some players is a good excuse to actually finish reading those AF books. I'm very curious about the details as it looks very different from the "usual PF/DnD" sort of thing
OOC:
Hi Cosmic_cube! The system will be as similar to PF as possible (to keep the player's familiarity) and the most important thing to know is that you roll a 2d6 for everything :D how difficult can that be, right bowl? ;)
I'm actually in the process of closing more games right now :(
Nov 9, 2019 12:35 pm
I have the constant feeling I should do the same Naatkinson. part of the "PbP cycle" I guess 🤣
Being a horror game tracyfreegirl, I guess you can join temporarily and then I can just find a gruesome way of getting you devoured by some space creature with tentacles :D so if you want to have a go at it, let me know :D

Anyone else out there that would like to try a cthulhu meet heroic fantasy adventure?
Nov 9, 2019 3:42 pm
I uh. I'm feeling like I want to play an awakened Great Dane.
Nov 9, 2019 7:40 pm
Would like to give this a shot!
Nov 10, 2019 2:17 pm
Daily bump ;)
I was thinking about having simple characters to make use of the amnesiac concept but we can discuss it better tomorrow when I post sometime.

Also, invites were send :)
Nov 10, 2019 2:56 pm
Bowl, you playing in this ?
Nov 10, 2019 3:08 pm
I'm helping CESN with his GMing a bit and I might play some important NPCs but I'm not a player
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.