Gamers' Plane and Reddit

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 29, 2015 4:37 pm
Anyone a big Redditor? I've been meaning to add code that will post to Twitter and Facebook when someone creates a game, and it occurred to me that GP still has no Reddit presence. I'm debating if I should setup a subreddit, and automate posting to it as well. Would people be interested?

In the long term, this would be expanded out to allow the GM to also post to their Facebook/Twitter with one click.
Dec 29, 2015 5:15 pm
Although I'm on there only a bit I think I'd look into the LFG subreddit possibly. Hope that helps.
Jan 2, 2016 1:50 am
I use the LFG subreddit to advertise my games, I've only used it once so far for a game on this site though. Advertising games on reddit would work well, we could network with the other LFG subreddits as well!

//Handle
Jan 2, 2016 4:52 am
Perhaps if they eventually get an RPG section, add Gamersplane on Voat as well?
Jan 11, 2016 8:11 pm
Reddit is a shadow of it's former self in my opinion, but lots of people love it and use it. If you can avoid the elitist redditors, then more power to you.
Jan 12, 2016 4:45 am
DMKiado says:
Reddit is a shadow of it's former self in my opinion, but lots of people love it and use it. If you can avoid the elitist redditors, then more power to you.
Pretty much why I suggested Voat. Also, I don't really like the idea of partnering with a site which is as pro-censorship as reddit...
Jan 12, 2016 4:47 am
Well, I don't plan on partnering (I don't think they partner up anyway), but rather automating posting to help with exposure. GP's growth has really slowed down, and I'm always trying to think of ways to improve.
Feb 3, 2016 10:49 am
What, growth has slowed?! I'll do my small part and post ads for my games on reddit. I think people would be down for PbP, they just need to know there is a site to do it.

//Handle
Last edited February 3, 2016 10:49 am
Feb 15, 2016 9:25 am
Sent a message to the /r/LFG subreddit mods to see if they would add Gamers' Plane to their 'Useful Websites' list. I use that sub a lot, it's a super useful way to advertise to a lot of people.

I found another sub, /r/RoleplayingForReddit, that is specifically for advertising PBP websites and communities, so I made a post about Gamer's Plane. Hooray, advertising!

//Handle
Last edited February 15, 2016 9:54 am
Feb 15, 2016 2:55 pm
Thanks! I'll reach out to them as well.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.