IC: Chapter II - Hutt Space, In the Shadow

Nov 12, 2019 5:41 pm
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.KCK5liKAADjUUR4cyqMFIwHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1
It is not a long jump to Arami, barely 9 standard hours in hyperspace, but it provides enough time for you all to get some sorely needed rest. Ample time to have the conversations you all wish to have, as well.

Juno however has withdrawn to Master Daru's cabin, and will neither open the door, nor respond to any requests to talk.
OOC:
Besk mentioned asking about other mysteries of the ship. We could pick up there?

Also, let's not push the Juno thing IC, plz. No point in me rping anything from him. So we'll just "background" all conversations your PC might try to have and his actions until there's an opportune time to have him exit in an IC fashion.
Nov 13, 2019 7:53 pm
After a few hours of much-needed shuteye, Raze finds Master Daru's droid. "Meighty, hope you're doing OK, buddy." He takes a seat nearby and rests his head on his hands, tendrils limp. "We're probably going to have to get rid of this ship. The Republic's probably got every bounty hunter int he galaxy looking for it after what we pulled. Any idea what Master Daru might have stashed aboard? We'll want to make sure we get anything important. That goes for databanks, too..."
Last edited November 13, 2019 7:53 pm
Nov 13, 2019 9:18 pm
The droid's optic sensor blinks subtly, and its processors click for just a few moments.

"The Fair Gleam herself was truly, probably Master Daru's greatest asset, sir. The Sorosuub Sedan-class cruiser was a limited run vessel, targeted at private, luxury consumers, with high security yet high comfort needs... She is equipped with custom defensive augmentations and weapons systems. She is supplied for long distance travel, and extended occupation. It would be a shame to have to be rid of her, however... I see your point...

Aside from that, the Master and other Jedi traveled lightly. She kept almost all of her personal records on her personal datapad... and, well... myself. Gamorr was the first stop on what was intended to be an extended mission deployment for the Master, and really yourselves. As a result, she is well provisioned, but devoid of any accumulated material goods that may usually be gained over the course of such a deployment... creds, personal armaments, other gear... All things everyone was yet largely carrying on themselves.

So sorry, sir...
"
Nov 13, 2019 10:02 pm
"I dunno, Raze," said Palmer as he overheard on his way back from the galley. "maybe we keep 'er. I mean, we scrub the ship of any specific identifiers, get a new transponder... it's not like this is a unique one-of-a-kind ship. We'd just need to stay out of Republic space for now," he shrugged. "She's got a heck of a hidey-hole, ya know. Passed Gamorrean scanners, anyway. We can get a ton of credits for her though too, so there's that."

Palmer leaned back against the bulkhead and took a sip of caf. " Let's think this through."
Nov 13, 2019 10:31 pm
The droid's head tilts, taking in Palmer, "mmmggh No, the Fair Gleam certainly is not unique. But as I mentioned it was a limited run vessel. Perhaps a few hundred ever manufactured and sold. The chances of the same model of ship being found in this sector at this time, though... Well, I would calculate it at something like 1 in ... ssszzzt thirty-two thousand?"
Nov 14, 2019 12:04 am
"Hrrm, I didn't catch that part, thanks M-80. Well, scratch my idea. Let's sell 'er!" Palmer turned to saunter back to the bed he had commandeered, then stopped and turned back to Raze. "By the way, what was all that junk we put into the smuggling comparmwnt? Was that some... ancient Jedi artifacts, or what? I mean, I dont wanna pry... you know, if its private an' all, I get it."
Nov 14, 2019 2:19 am
Raze pours himself a caf and sits across from Palmer. "No, it's fine. It was Master Daru's mission, not mine." The Mikkian pauses for a moment, but his tendrils seem to shudder as if he's had a terrible thought. "She sent me and Juno in after an old Gamorrean holocron, a storage device that some decrepit all Gamorrean witch had. We got it out. Juno took a few other things. Some rings and stuff." His eyes widen. "Oh, yeah—and there was a tsil. Some kind of crystal, but a crystal that can think... Talks through the Force if you know what that is. It asked us to take it out of there. We should take it out of the compartment, I guess. But I also get the impression that its kind doesn't perceive time the same way we do..."
Last edited November 14, 2019 2:20 am
Nov 14, 2019 3:16 am
Besk, with his eyes closed, smells the fragrance of the warm tea in his cup. He takes pleasure in this simple and peaceful moment which is a stark contrast to the groups recent previous events. The Chiss takes a slow sip, puts down his cup, and says to the others " I really hate the idea of getting rid of this ship but I can’t think of a way to keep it and not stand out. Should we take out the contents of the compartment and take inventory or them? The holocron and the Tsil sound very interesting. A different perception of time sounds quite intriguing. "
Nov 14, 2019 3:43 pm
Raze sighs. "I'm not sure. I'd like to fire up the holocron thingy, and the tsil might appreciate some fresh air. Don't know how interesting all this Force stuff'll be to you two, though. I'm pretty new to it myself."
OOC:
I don't think Raze knows that you two are Force-sensitive at this potion.
Last edited November 14, 2019 3:43 pm
Nov 14, 2019 3:58 pm
OOC:
Please do continue this conversation, but I did just want to mention that I think we will say that the items which Juno decided to take from the temple, he has already collected from the snuggling compartment. I could see him maybe leaving the rings, but one of you would have to take the Conflict now for assuming possession of them. They appear to be a set of 5 Force-imbued rings, crafted of silver and engraved with arcane Gammorrean symbology.

But, so, there is just the holocron, the tsil-staff, and possibly the rings (if you want them), remaining in there.
Nov 14, 2019 4:47 pm
OOC:
That's cool. Raze doesn't want the rings.
Nov 14, 2019 5:29 pm
OOC:
Besk will skip on the Force rings from the evil haunted temple as well.
Nov 15, 2019 4:44 am
" I have always been intrigued by the force. In fact I grew up thinking that I had some type of connection with it until I grew older. Filed the dream away as childish imagination especially when the Jedi never showed up to take me away. I was going to speak to Master Daru though to see if he saw anything in me.... well... before everything happened." Besk looks down remembering flashes of the incident. For a moment the Chiss swears he smells the faint scent of burnt flesh before he pushes the memories from his mind. "On Gamor though... I really felt something when I speaking to that Gamorean who was the leader. It felt like something stirring... awakening in me. I don’t know how to explain it. I just feel that it was the Force. " Besk takes another slow sip of tea as he ponders what he just said.
Nov 15, 2019 12:51 pm
Palmer listens intently, but doesn't offer anything personal. Its not that he doesn't trust Raze or Besk, if fact, they've just been through quite an event together. These two may be the only two beings in the galaxy he could actually trust right now. But whatever this "Force" thing might be, he doesn't trust it. Or perhaps, Palmer doesn't trust himself with it. Either way, he's just not ready to talk about it.
OOC:
Palmer may be a tough nut to crack, but feel free to RP as you like to. :)
Nov 15, 2019 3:02 pm
"This Force thing got me in trouble. This corrupt guy used me for his own ends, but left me to the cops when I got caught doing his dirty work. The Jedi offered me an out if I joined Master Daru's team." He gives a half-hearted grin. "So, yeah. Sounds like maybe we're in the same boat." The Mikkian stands up, thumb out toward the hidden compartments. "If you really want to know whether you've got some Force... uh, aptitude, I guess, you might try talking to our tsil friend. I don't think it can communicate to just anyone." He turns his gaze toward Palmer. "Maybe you can try, too, Palmer. If you sense something from it, maybe it's not a question of Force or no Force with the tsil."
OOC:
How much time till we reach our destination? Wondering if we have time to investigate the temple loot before we have to deal with customs and so on.
Nov 15, 2019 4:18 pm
OOC:
Yea, it's a ~9 hr jump. You've got all the time you need to talk, investigate the tsil, holocron, whatever.
Nov 15, 2019 6:41 pm
Raze leads the way toward the hidden compartment and opens it. Palmer's clone trooper armor takes him aback. "You still haven't explained that..." he says to the human.
Nov 16, 2019 12:48 am
Besk peers over Raze’s shoulder and says " Yeah, this should be interesting to hear."
Nov 17, 2019 6:21 am
"I took the armor... from a clone," Palmer began slowly. "He wasn't going to be needing it after he died, so, um... I took it. After I told him to take it off... and shoot himself in the head," he finished succinctly. Palmer stared holes into the floor and he absentmindedly took another sip.
Nov 18, 2019 12:37 am
"You told him to shoot himself in the head and he did it... wish you were with me when I was talking out of my butt to the Gamorreans. " Besk pauses and takes a sip of his tea and then says " Things were kind of crazy back there. All of us were trying to survive.... by any means we could. "
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.